Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW Promotions

strgth
Adventurer B

I received a promotion a couple of months ago to register as an A-lister, which expires the end of this month (Jun).  I have not registered because I would not have an opportunity to use it by end of June. My question for the "seasoned" SW frequent flyers, stock holders, and Community posters...what has been your experience...is it common for promotions to be extended if register? If I register, will I no longer qualify for potential future promotions?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: SW Promotions

gsking
Aviator C

You'll have to give us more details.   You don't normally register as an A lister... you earn it by flying 25 flights. 

You register for Rapid Rewards,  which in my experience doesn't provide any instant bonus rewards or privilege.

Sometimes they give you A list if you fly a few flights within a certain time period.   Normally this is early in the year.   I haven't seen it offered in the last part of the year,  because it expires on 12/31.

strgth
Adventurer B

As mentioned, it is a promotion from SW. I received it via email back in March. The button to register is a link in my account. There was an older post where a few said they also received the promotion.

dfwskier
Aviator A

There is no way to answer your  .question. Targeted promotions (what you got) come and go.

I suspect that in the future there will be fewer deals like the one you got.. IMO it was offered when not many people were flying and SW wanted to get more people on planes. LOTS of people are flying now, so SW has less incentive to offer deals.

strgth
Adventurer B

Thanks

jksobonya
Aviator A

I received a promotion to have "temporary A-List" status last year, it was supposed to end in May but due the pandemic it was extended to October I believe. 

--Jessica

Corgimama
Explorer C

FYI:  I registered this spring for the A-list promotion, and actually forgot about it.  When I scheduled three flights (one for June, July and August) and checked the box for "early bird", there was no charge and the confirmation indicated I had this benefit.  This worked in June, but, when I checked in today for my July flight, I am in the "C" boarding group!  Apparently, there was an expiration date for the promotion--I find this troubling that the system didn't automatically know that the July and August flights scheduled were outside the promotion period and notify me so that I could have purchased the "early bird" option.  I also learned from another post that if you change a flight, you can lose this promotion.  Be warned!