Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW cancelled & rebooked without my consent or approval

tdcom9
Explorer C

Like many others, SW cancelled my entire trip. I had checked in, naturally, after many hours at O’Hare waiting to see if the delayed flight and connecting flight (oh, I rebooked the connecting flight from BWI to Long Island because the outbound from O’Hare would have missed the connection).  Is SW running a racket to rebook you, lock you into boarding for the next DAY(!) because they transferred your boarding status from your originally booked itinerary?   Is this so they get YOU to cancel their rebooked reservation so they don’t have to refund your ticket?  They tell you in the phone to go to the nearest kiosk since you have a boarding pass.  I AM AT HOM NOW AND IT IS CHRISTMAS EVE!  No one is answering the phone with endless (and hrs and counting) HOLD times.  Am I alone in this insanity?!??

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SW cancelled & rebooked without my consent or approval

lizzyberesh
Explorer C

Yea I’m pretty sure this is what’s happening! I had a connecting flight JAX to BWI to Norfolk and my flight got cancelled as soon as I landed at bwi… my family scrambled and my grandparents got out of bed drove an hour to pick me up waited another hour for my baggage all for some bs bc they lost it!! Then I get a text saying my flight had been rebooked for this morning! Made my mom drive an hour to Norfolk this morning to get my bags bc they told her it’d be there this morning and now they have no clue where it is and I can’t even get through to customer service on ANY number I’ve found they all hang up on you before you get a real person! 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@lizzyberesh wrote:

Yea I’m pretty sure this is what’s happening! I had a connecting flight JAX to BWI to Norfolk and my flight got cancelled as soon as I landed at bwi… my family scrambled and my grandparents got out of bed drove an hour to pick me up waited another hour for my baggage all for some bs bc they lost it!! Then I get a text saying my flight had been rebooked for this morning! Made my mom drive an hour to Norfolk this morning to get my bags bc they told her it’d be there this morning and now they have no clue where it is and I can’t even get through to customer service on ANY number I’ve found they all hang up on you before you get a real person! 

Thousands of people are trying to reach the airline via phone. Hang up

Try social media instead. Click on contact us below, and then go to the bottom right of the e suing page(under connect with us) and pick twitter or facebook.

lizzyberesh
Explorer C

Do you really think I haven’t? I already reached on twitter (my only form of social media) and so far CRICKETS bud 

dfwskier
Aviator A

No you are not alone in this insanity since 10,000+ North American flights on all airlines have been cancelled since Wednesday, so there are over a million people like you struggling with the situation.

Everything you can do at a kiosk you can do at Southwest.com. So you do not need to be at a kiosk.

People are ending up on flights as late as the 26th because planes on that date are the first one with available seats. Southwest cannot snap its fingers and create new planes and crew out of thin air.

In times like this people are cancelling flights all the time. Keep checking Southwest.com to see if something opens up. If something opens up,grab it - it is a no cost thingy from SW.

If you end up cancelling the flight SW rebooked you on, you ARE eligible for a refund, you ARE eligible for a refund to the original form of payment. SW won't volunteer it. You  will need to ask for it.

I hope your travel situation improves.

zuckerville
Explorer C

I have been on hold for  one hour and 20 minutes...

Flight for tomorrow has been "rebooked" AND we do not know what flight it has been rebooked too?????
Also, it is the ONLY flight that was cancelled tomorrow.

Suggestions?

Gail