Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW giving away millions of SW points.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I saw this information when I had gone to the SW home page and got so excited.  I figured there would be some type of sign up or something but that wasn't/isn't an issue.  But as I read to find out that I have to.   I'm not even going to guess how many, but I doubt that I am not the only SW loyal customer, (A-List, Companion Pass, shop only with an SW credit card, and only fly SW.)  However, I have never used (nor want to use) Instagram.  Yes, maybe I'm living in the past, but some of us chose this life of not wanting to get caught up in this part of the world's need for social media access.   Why then should I be excluded from the opportunity to get bouns/free points?  Sorry, but this is disturbing to me. 

This summer is all about you.

Whatever you decide to do, know Southwest® will take you there. So get away for the weekend. Stay all summer. Hike up a mountain. Tell us on Instagram what you wanna do or who you wanna see, and you could come home with 40,000 Rapid Rewards® bonus points.

How to enter

1. Visit @SouthwestAir on Instagram on July 6, 13, 20, and 27 to learn what we wanna see.
  2. Post your favorite destinations or getaways by tagging @SouthwestAir and using hashtags #WannaGetAway and #Sweepstakes for your chance to win 40,000 Rapid Rewards® bonus points!
  3. We’ll pick 25 winners at random each week for four weeks, for a total giveaway of up to four million bonus points.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: SW giving away millions of SW points.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Companies run social media contests all the time.  They have worked out well for me in the past, but its up to me just as much as it is to you.

In this case, my Instagram is private, so I would not be able to win since SW would not see my posts.  I would like to play, but by choice is privacy, so there is nothing I can do about that.

We can't blame SW for doing anything and everything to drive business right now during these challenging times.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I agree with you.  But I'm going to say that SW has to have somebody in the department that drives sales that could come up with a process that makes this opportunity available for all SW customers, loyal like we are, or those just looking for a good deal.  

bec102896
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

I agree with you.  But I'm going to say that SW has to have somebody in the department that drives sales that could come up with a process that makes this opportunity available for all SW customers, loyal like we are, or those just looking for a good deal.  

Some promotions/contests are for specific groups of people many companies do this so in this case it's a contest for Instagram. You could create an Instagram account just for this contest. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Uh, no.  I'd say there is a reason why I've not had one already.  Good to know S.W. focuses on the millennials as opposed to the oldfogiennials.