Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Satisfied customers for 18 years!

Ken_123
Explorer C

My wife and I have been Southwest Rapid Rewards members going back 18 years. When we met online back in 2002, I lived in New York and she lived outside of Chicago. As soon as we decided to visit each other in person, we chose Southwest and never changed.

Our relationship got off to a great start, so every 2 weeks we were flying between Islip NY and Midway IL. Back then, a one way flight averaged $35! So we flew often to see each other on weekends and quickly earned free flights and companion passes. 

Based in Indiana these days, we still fly from Midway to NY (but now into LaGuardia since Islip has few direct flights) and Tampa. I also use Southwest as often as possible for work. Southwest is still our airline of choice and will always be. Customer service is always incredible, flights are rarely delayed and we love and respect the flight crews... 100% professional and always friendly!DDF44673-3D92-4275-BE28-E7B8956509E6.jpeg

E80247F8-C802-4EEF-9DA9-9CA435FBE66C.jpeg

So we just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary and are deciding where to fly next (as soon as the virus eases up). And, while going thru some boxes in storage, we found a few old drink coupons (see attached pics). Don’t know if they’re still valid, but I wanted to post the pics  just to note how much Southwest played a part in my wife and I meeting 18 years ago.

Thanks for all you do....

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Satisfied customers for 18 years!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Thanks for sharing your story, and congrats on your 17th wedding anniversary!

jksobonya
Aviator A

Wow! Those drink coupons are collector's items! I'd keep them vs. trying to use them on a flight (although, I don't see an expiration date on these so you might be able to use them if you wanted)!

Thanks for sharing!

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for sharing your story. Sadly those drink coupons are no longer valid. There was a big lawsuit and Southwest replaced coupons that didn't have expiration dates with coupons that had expiration dates. Cool collector's stuff though. 

Here's the story

--TheMiddleSeat