Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Save 20% on a flight when you use Rapid Rewards points.

dfwskier
Aviator A

By using the promo code save20now.

This is a great deal.

It actually make points flights cheaper than paid flights.

Good only thru this Thursday.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Save 20% on a flight when you use Rapid Rewards points.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Great promo!

Here is a little more detail from the One Mile at a Time blog, and here are the T&Cs. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bec102896
Aviator A

Wow what a nice promotion! It’s been so long since southwest had a promo code promotion I thought they did away with them since the last one I remember was 2016. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I can't recall Southwest ever offering a discount on points-only bookings. This is very good for flyers, but a bad indicator for the airline.

bec102896
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

I can't recall Southwest ever offering a discount on points-only bookings. This is very good for flyers, but a bad indicator for the airline.

The only discount I've seen on a points bookings was back in 2016 during the national SW technology outage where they gave affected customers (myself included) promo codes for 50% off the next flight booking points or cash but never seen a sale like this with points bookings. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@chgoflyer wrote:

The only discount I've seen on a points bookings was back in 2016 during the national SW technology outage where they gave affected customers (myself included) promo codes for 50% off the next flight booking points or cash but never seen a sale like this with points bookings. 

Oh, you're right -- I forgot that was also on points bookings. That one was a bit different, in that it was for a limited amount of people (affected customers), not public, and was in response to a problem. But I agree, I've never seen a sale like this on points bookings before.