Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Security

PaulMeyer313
Explorer C

The credit card I used for a ticket was innundated with fraudulent charges from around the world after I gave it to SW.  It's a card I rarely use and keep for emergencies. No one ar SW's contact numbers  cares, I can't find an emergency email contact, and no one in the fraud alert or customer relations offices works before 10 am EDT weekdays.  Does anyone have valid SW contact information that I can refer to law enforcement?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Security

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@PaulMeyer313 wrote:

The credit card I used for a ticket was innundated with fraudulent charges from around the world after I gave it to SW.  It's a card I rarely use and keep for emergencies. No one ar SW's contact numbers  cares, I can't find an emergency email contact, and no one in the fraud alert or customer relations offices works before 10 am EDT weekdays.  Does anyone have valid SW contact information that I can refer to law enforcement?

I think it is far more likely that the network you were on is the weak point as opposed to someone getting it from Southwest although there are some very determined hackers out there. 

But anyway, you don't know for sure - pursue with your credit card company and law enforcement if appropriate and they'll find someone to talk to if they think it is necessary.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Security

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This is definitely an issue for your credit card company to resolve. They would see a commonality if Southwest was really the problem, but as @DancingDavidE said, that's probably not the case. No reason for you to get involved once you report it to your credit card company. Frankly, credit card companies don't care too much about fraud either, it's just part of the cost of business.

--TheMiddleSeat