Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Shared Credit Card?

katyleeadams
Explorer C

Is it possible for my husband and I to have a shared Southwest Credit card?  One with his name and one with mine but the numbers/account were the same?

If this is possibly, how would the companion pass be issued once we reached the 110,000pts?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Shared Credit Card?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sure, you can add an additional cardholder. The primary cardholder whose RR account is associated with the card would get all the points and earn CP if you qualify for it. 

katyleeadams
Explorer C

So if the credit card is primarily in my name, and he travels and books using his rapid rewards numbers it will still show up in my account?  He booked a flight today and it's not showing as an upcoming trip when I log in to my account on SW.  Thanks!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@katyleeadams wrote:

So if the credit card is primarily in my name, and he travels and books using his rapid rewards numbers it will still show up in my account?  He booked a flight today and it's not showing as an upcoming trip when I log in to my account on SW.  Thanks!

No, you're confusing two different things.

Rapid Rewards points earned for flights taken go only to the passenger who took the flight. He can't enter your number, the system won't accept it. He should enter his Rapid Rewards number so that he can earn points for the flight.

Points earned from the credit card go to the Rapid Rewards account of the primary owner of the credit card account, even if the points were from purchases made by an approved user.

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C

Hi -

My husband is a signer on my SW VISA and points go on my RR. Caution - I spoke with Chase there is no way for his name to show on the statement under this arrangement --only on the card.

@16fseataFFBK