Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Southwest Chase Card Annual Benefit Reset Date

New Arrival
I've read through a bunch of posts on multiple online forums, but with some conflicting information.  I've also contacted Chase and received conflicting responses from different people.

Question: What is the reset date for the annual benefits on the Chase Southwest Priority Credit Card?  The annual benefits I am referencing are the $75.00 annual travel credit and the four upgraded boarding per year.

This is what the terms Southwest/Chase state: "Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year."

I will give my exact example:

Southwest Priority Card
Account Open Date: 12/5/2018
First Statement Date: 1/4/2019

With this info, I am interpreting it as my annual benefits will reset every year on 1/5.

I believe technically my year 1 was from 12/5/2018-1/4/2020, and that every year from here on out would be 1/5/XX-1/4/XX.

There is no easy way to track this through Chase.  I am curious if anyone else has had this question and has some input.  Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Southwest Chase Card Annual Benefit Reset Date

Top Contributor

Since you are already past 12/5/19  and 1/4/20 what difference does it really make you you?

One way or the other you have already reset.

New Arrival

Because I flew on 12/30 and used 2 upgrades. So I am trying to figure out if those were in last year, or if they are in my current cardmember year.

Highlighted

Top Contributor

@Saps wrote:

Because I flew on 12/30 and used 2 upgrades. So I am trying to figure out if those were in last year, or if they are in my current cardmember year.

Based on that information, my best guess is that they should have been included in last year's benefits.

Is Chase unable to verify this?

Highlighted

Top Contributor

@Saps wrote:

Well, it's a Chase program, and Chase controls it.

Thus if you want a definitive answer, it'll have to come from Chase.

Highlighted

Rising Star

Anytime I have a question like this, I direct it to Chase because their system determines the answer. And, like you, I don't want surprises. Give Chase a shout for definitive answer for this one. 

You can do that here.

-A List Preferred, Companion Pass holder, Community Champion.
Highlighted

New Arrival

Appreciate the responses.  I have contacted Chase a few times.  One rep stated that 12/5 was my reset date and another rep stated 1/5 was my reset date.  I'll try again and see what the next rep says.  Just wanted to check if anyone here with the Southwest card knew this information from a past experience.

Highlighted

Rising Star
Since you have some time you may want to send an old fashioned letter.

Customer | Home airport DCA