Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Hotel Bonus points no longer appearing hotel choices

JWB
Explorer C

For the last 2 days, the usual flags that show which hotels have bonus points are not showing on the Southwesthotels.com site.  Yet, Southwest still advertises on its' main page to "Book a Hotel and get up to 10,000 points per night on hotel stays".  Is there a glitch with the Southwest Booking.com site or are the bonus points going away?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Southwest Hotel Bonus points no longer appearing hotel choices

dfwskier
Aviator A

You can still earn bonus points at Las Vegas hotels so they have not gone away

jksobonya
Aviator A

This entirely depends and changes day to day. Some days a few hotels will offer bonus points, but some days it won't. I'm sure it also depends on location, length of stay, etc. 

Many times I've booked a hotel at the regular 1:1 rate because there were no bonuses available - but that's still better than nothing.

--Jessica

JWB
Explorer C

I understand that only some hotels offer these, and only some of the time.

My point is that there are currently zero hotels showing bonus points. I have checked numerous dates and locations. Also, the web site used to display right on the initial search results the amount of routine points to be earned. Now that is gone also and the only way to see that is to go partway through the reservation steps.

It looks like Southwest may have a glitch going on with the Booking.com website.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JWB wrote:

My point is that there are currently zero hotels showing bonus points.  

WRONG. As I said earlier in the thread, lots of Las Vegas hotels are offering bonus points. 

linaalf
Explorer C

I'm having a similar issue. I am seeing bonus points properties but when I click to book, the bonus goes away. 

In you case, I'd recommend using an incognito browser and/or deleting your cookies and cache. Many sites keep tabs on your searches and raise prices according to search history. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@JWB wrote:

I understand that only some hotels offer these, and only some of the time.

My point is that there are currently zero hotels showing bonus points. I have checked numerous dates and locations. Also, the web site used to display right on the initial search results the amount of routine points to be earned. Now that is gone also and the only way to see that is to go partway through the reservation steps.

It looks like Southwest may have a glitch going on with the Booking.com website.

What destinations are you looking up? Again, it's entirely subjective and what's available or not changes all the time. I just looked up downtown Tulsa for a few weekends and I see a few bonus point offers. They are not all at the top of the page, you have to scroll to see some of them. 

--Jessica

Candelaria49
Explorer C

Some of the hotels showing excess points if booked through swhotels.com, for example 19K points for a 2 nights stay.