Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Hotels Rapid Rewards bonus points time to credit?

austinheiman
Explorer C

I just booked a hotel for Nov 23-25 for a room that offered 10,000 bonus rapid rewards points. Those bonus points will put me over the 110,000 point threshold for Companion Pass for next year, so I want to be sure the bonus points will be credited to me before Jan 1, 2019. Can that be guaranteed? I have seen bonus points take between 3-5 weeks to be credited in the past. Is there anything that can be done to expedite this process?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest Hotels Rapid Rewards bonus points time to credit?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

I'm not aware of anything you can do to speed up the process, Unfortunately, you are at the mercy of the hotel.

If the points don't hit til 2019, you could Southwest contact customer service and appeal your case. I don't know what would happen in that case.

rw001
Explorer C

hello - same issue here.  did your hotel points credit to RR acct?  how quickly?

austinheiman
Explorer C

Looking back at past hotel stays, it took 5-8 weeks for southwesthotels.com bonus points to post to my account.

However, for this most recent hotel stay my points posted in only 2 weeks and I met my companion pass goal.

bec102896
Aviator A

@austinheiman wrote:

Looking back at past hotel stays, it took 5-8 weeks for southwesthotels.com bonus points to post to my account.

However, for this most recent hotel stay my points posted in only 2 weeks and I met my companion pass goal.

That's great congratulations on earning the companion pass!