Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card CP Promotion

eacmp369
Explorer C

Hi all!

I signed up for the SW RR credit card in order to receive the promotional CP after spending 4,000. I will hit the 4,000 spend mark on my April 5th statement close. Does anyone know how long after my April 5th statement close will it take to receive my CP?  Will it be 8-12 weeks? 

Thank you for any sight you can provide. I am looking at booking a non-refundable cruise end of May and would want to be able to use our companion pass for the flight. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card CP Promotion

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Points and CP will typically be awarded a few days after your statement closing date of the statement in which you surpassed the spending requirement. 

--TheMiddleSeat

eacmp369
Explorer C

Thank you so much for the insight! This is what I assumed but Southwest's note about 8 -12 weeks had me nervous. 

SW9
Explorer C

I registered for this promotion and have never received the bonus points. I have reviewed my RR account weekly watching for them to post.

I don't know where else to check other than call Chase?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@SW9 are you talking about a new credit card sign up bonus?  If so, make sure you have spent the required amount before the deadline.  There is usually a sign up bonus tracker in the Chase app that shows your spend and deadline.  If that's all good, has a statement closed since you met the required spend?  You may need to wait for a second statement to close, but usually any sign up bonus points show up shortly after the closing date of the statement on which you met the requirement.  You will also want to confirm Chase has your correct Rapid Rewards account number.  Have you seen any points from Chase show up in your RR account?  If not, then Chase may have the wrong RR account number.  You are correct that all questions regarding any of these items would need to be directed to Chase.

--TheMiddleSeat