Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: SoFly the airline that best seves your needsuthwest points are no help

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Other than a small amount to get enough for a trip, why would anyone convert UR points to RR? Pay Yourself Back is work 1.5 cents per point (at least with a Sapphire Reserve card). World of Hyatt points are worth 1.9 cents or more.

Suzshax
Explorer C

i would want to convert my Southwest points to sapphire, not the other way around.
I have the Sapphire preferred, not reserve. 

but thanks for the idea about Hyatt. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

There's no way to convert Rapid Rewards points to Sapphire (only the reverse).

Keep in mind that you can use your RR points to book flights for anyone, and they remain fully refundable. Perhaps helpful to fly friends or family to you, or to meet somewhere else.

If you're sure you absolutely won't need to fly on Southwest, you can use the More Rewards option to purchase merchandise, gift cards, hotels, rental cars, cruises, or international travel on other carriers. Be aware however that the exchange rate is very unfavorable compared to flights on Southwest.

Suzshax
Explorer C

I’ve learned my lesson!

thank you!  And yes, someday I will go on a special trip!

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

I understand your situation of limited time, and many of the points have been covered.  But with the limited non-stop anymore, I've found myself doing SWA on one way of the trip and another airline for the other way.  It seems to be working for me, and of course, I'm a part of the other airline's reward program as well.