Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Spam Message via this website?

LisaG
Explorer A

Not really sure which "Location" board this fit under.  I'm a newbie here and this is my second discussion I am starting.  Today I received an email that looked suspicious and so I came directly to this site and saw I had the same message in my inbox.  It read:

You have received a private message in the The Southwest Airlines Community.

Subject:
Date: 08-12-2020 10:08 AM

Hi there! We're giveaway a brand new iPhone 11! You can take part today! Enter now - and complete a simple sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 11 Pro. This is absolutely free! Good luck!

By the looks of the link...I chose to delete it, but wondered if anyone else gets these types of emails via this community.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Spam Message via this website?

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Good delete.  I was just getting ready to post this myself.  I got it about 12:30 pm MST so it was very new.  They are still on.  It comes from a person with the profile name:  Lovecake.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I have never received spam here in the form of a DM.

Spam does show up on the forums and the mods normally do a pretty good job of deleting it. 

bec102896
Aviator A

In the message there is a report button please report it so the moderators can investigate.

Thanks for the heads up on this spam messenger. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Thanks to everyone here for bringing this situation to my attention. I'm so sorry that you were on the receiving end of unsolicited SPAM messages. Please know I have banned the user from the Community. 

Nicole
Community Manager

jr13160
Adventurer C
Spoiler
I received a message this that was inappropriate. 

Here is the message I pasted below . 

Subject: Hi! Check out my photos. You'll like it!!
Date: 08-12-2020 11:28 PM

Hey, I'm Zoe! Text me, maybe we could be friends.-

Thanks for being a member of The Southwest Airlines Community.

The Southwest Airlines Community Team

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We are aware of a surge in SPAM sent privately to some of our Community Users last night, and we sincerely apologize to anyone impacted.

Please know this situation has been escalated with urgent priority. We are working to resolve as soon as possible and implementing measures to prevent similar messaging in the future.

If you received an unsolicited message, you can use the blue "Report" link within the message to escalate so we can ensure that user is addressed. We are actively banning these users as reports come in.

Nicole
Community Manager

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Thank you

dil345
Explorer C

Thank you-didn’t open it so hope you fond the right person

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@jr13160, Thank you for raising our awareness on this issue yesterday. I edited the links you shared here and removed the inappropriate language you shared since we are aware of the messaging that was sent, and we do not want folks clicking on those links here per our Community User Guidelines.

I also just want to apologize that you did receive a SPAM message. Rest assured we're working to prevent this from happening again. 

Thanks again,

Nicole
Community Manager