Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Spouse purchased airfare for both of us, do I still qualify for rapid reward miles?

HamfatWilliams
Explorer C

My spouse purchased two tickets for our recent flight. Can I still claim rapid rewards miles even though I did not purchase the flight?

We paid full fare and the tickets were not part of any special program or anything. Trying to redeem at the past flight web page it gives me an error when using the flight confirmation number.

I also had a hard time getting a boarding pass through the mobile app. For some reason it does not want to accept that I was part of this confirmation number.

The flight turned out fine (cept for the poor pukey baby). I just I can't get my miles and I had a hard time with the boarding pass.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Spouse purchased airfare for both of us, do I still qualify for rapid reward miles?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

I'm not sure I understand, but short answer: each flyer get the miles for the flight. If your spouse paid with a RR credit card, he might get extra points on the card.

Note: the ticket must have your Rapis Rewards # on it so that you can collect the points.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Re: Spouse purchased airfare for both of us, do I still qualify for rapid reward miles?

bec102896
Aviator A

Did your spouse use points to buy the ticket? If so then you would not earn points or credit towards A List.

as mentioned by @elijahbrantley you will only earn points if you flew and your information on the ticket and rapid rewards account must match or you won't get the credit. Your spouse can earn his/her own credit through there own rapid rewards account. 

If your having trouble getting the points for your flight i would reach out to Southwest on Twitter and they should be able to help

-Blake  

jksobonya
Aviator A

This is a fair question - assuming your flight was associated to your Rapid Rewards account, you will get points even though you did not book the flight yourself. 

--Jessica