Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Status match

Leskogetter
Explorer C

It is interesting that I received an email regarding matching status with a different airline on the day before a flight that would qualify me for A-List status!  Thanks a lot- where was the status match offer a couple of months ago?  Now that I will achieve A-list on my own tomorrow, the timing of the offer was terrible.  Since I’m platinum on American, how about status matching me to A-List preferred?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Status match

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Every airline does status matching a little differently, if at all.  I am not aware that SW does any matching to A-List Preferred.

Here is the info about status matching from SW's site.  Given that there are a few months left in the year, hopefully you can make it to Preferred.  I am trying hard to re-qualify myself!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Re: Status match

bec102896
Aviator A

I go to the email offering me a status match today as well but I am already A List proffered with Southwest so if anything I would do a match with a competitor like delta but I like Southwest to much to go delta unless Southwest is not available 

i just chuckled at the email because they should target someone who doesn't already have status. 

Congratulations on reaching A List though! 

Blake