Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stay on the A-list for 2023

ocbob
Explorer C

For the last few years I have been offered an invitation to stay on the A-list by completing 3 round trips or 6 one way trips between late August and November.  I haven’t received this invitation this year and I’m holding off booking future flights to see if this is offered again and what type of fares qualify.  I have always received this invitation by email by about August 20.

Has anyone on the forum received this invitation for 2023 A-list status?

Thanks and happy flying on southwest!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Stay on the A-list for 2023

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

You could go ahead and book flights now and rebook later if the offer becomes available.

--TheMiddleSeat

ocbob
Explorer C

Thanks MiddleSeat, I’ll plan to go ahead and do that.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@ocbob wrote:

For the last few years I have been offered an invitation to stay on the A-list by completing 3 round trips or 6 one way trips between late August and November.  I haven’t received this invitation this year and I’m holding off booking future flights to see if this is offered again and what type of fares qualify.  I have always received this invitation by email by about August 20.

Has anyone on the forum received this invitation for 2023 A-list status?

Thanks and happy flying on southwest!

No, I've been A-list continuously so far. 

Things are picking back up so they may not offer as many promotions, and/or if the "big data" showed that they didn't think your activity was quite enough to remain in the promotional category, or they are making the decision later this year, hard to tell unless someone else sees this post and can respond in the affirmative.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ocbob
Explorer C

Thanks David.  I’ll wait and see what happens.  Might use a status match challenge if I need to.  If I complete that in Q1 2023 I should be able to maintain A-list through 2024.