Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Still Have Not Received Travel Disruption 25k points

DRL
Explorer C

My family’s flight was cancelled in the end of December travel disruption. I received reimbursement for alternative travel costs but we have not yet received the 25k miles. I’ve called 4 times because I wanted to use the points for upcoming travel but ended up not getting them on time. I keep being told that it’s being looked in to. Everyone else I know has already received their points. 
Is anyone else still missing their points or have any idea how I can get them?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Still Have Not Received Travel Disruption 25k points

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Considering there's another long thread about this I suspect you are not alone. It seems the only advice I have seen is constant pestering, but even that may not work. While it's not what you want to hear, Southwest is not obligated to give those points, they were a gift sent as an apology. Yes, it seems like resending the codes should be simple, but there are potential issues outside of Southwest's control once they click the "send email" button.  Fingers crossed for you, but I would not rely on receiving the points. If you have a trip to book I would book it, even if it's with a different carrier. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

It is unfortunate as you should have received your bonus points long ago.  At the core of this Holiday DISASTER is an outdated system that was wobbly and could crash, and did.

Recently Southwest warned of losses in the first quarter as their estimate was a cost of about $855 MM for the DISASTER, which is approximately equal to all of 2021's earnings.

dfwskier
Aviator A

floridaguy must be slipping. One DISASTER was   red while the other DISASTER was  black