Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Still Have not Received 25k Points

lfonseca1002
Explorer C

So I flew with Southwest on December 26th, 2022 and as you all know all the flights were cancelled. I had to take a 20 hour bus ride home instead of the flight. I have called Southwest 4 times in the last month and they tell me that I am eligible for the 25k apology points, however, as of 26 Jan 23 I still have not received anything. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I emailed them as well but they responded that I should have already received my reimbursement. I have checked my email thoroughly but there is definitely nothing in there. I received a monetary reimbursement for the bus ticket, though, does that mean that I am no longer eligible for the points? Is there any other channel I can talk to? I am just very confused because every time I talk to someone they agree with me that I should have received something by now, but they don't have any power to change the situation. Any and all help is much appreciated and I can provide more information about my flight itself if it is necessary.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Still Have not Received 25k Points

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

The 25k points program and reimbursement for expenses incurred during the meltdown are both allowed. Receiving one does not negate the other.

The only thin I can suggest is sending another e-mail and specifically state that you have been told that you should have received communication about the 25k,  but you have not received it.

Click on contact us below to proceed.

lfonseca1002
Explorer C

Thank you for your quick response. Do you think there are any key words I should include and/or what topic this should fall under Rapid Rewards or Disrupted Holiday Travel?

dfwskier
Aviator A

IMO it clearly falls under disrupted holiday travel.

The key words would be a description of your current situation.

You have been told that the e-mail was sent to you, and you have not received said e-mail.

Crom22312
Explorer C

I have the same issue and tried this, and when I sent the email the only response I received was that I didn’t submit the proper paperwork/receipts. I submitted a copy of the reservation for the December 25 flight that was cancelled. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Cancelled_Vacay
Explorer C

My only other suggestion is to call (hold time yesterday was less than 10 minutes). However, you are not likely to get a response that way either. I called on January 20th and told my case was being “elevated”, and that I would receive a call within 5 to 7 business days. Having still not received a response, I called again yesterday. Again I was told my case was being elevated, but this time I was not given a timeframe. Included in the case is my dispute with the amount of reimbursement for my out of pocket expenses.

baonsite
Explorer C

Glad to know i am not the only one.  I am as frustrated as you.  I have emailed through the support web site and called support 6 times requested the email that I was supposed to have received with the promotion code be sent again.  All I get is "wonky" replies such as instructions for how to enter the code or a that my request cannot be processed because I did not include receipts.  Customer support is no help.  All they tell me is to be patient and they will be glad to submit another customer support ticket.

I feel guilty calling customer support as their job should be to take care of passenger's flight needs.

Don't you think it would have been a lot easier for them just to have put the miles in your A-List accounts.  

Guess their flight scheduling systems are not the only ones that need updated.  Looks like they should be in the market for a new CRM (customer relations management and email systems).

Crom22312
Explorer C

Used Twitter to post the issue and it was resolved within 24 hours.

rolfness
Explorer C

Can you tell me how you used Twitter to get a resolution? We have been trying for 3 months to get our points and SWA has been unresponsive. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

strgth
Adventurer B

If you have a Twitter account, then follow Southwest Airlines. After you follow, send a Direct Message (DM) and provide your case number(s) if you created any via the SW Contact Us page. Also provide your confirmation and flight numbers. Give them every detail. DO NOT REPLY to any posts otherwise it will more than likely be removed (not to mention you don't want to supply your personal info as a reply). Send a Direct Message.