Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Still no companion pass eligibility email

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

I have not received an email with any kind of link yet.  

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Still no companion pass eligibility email

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

100% certain you met the promotion requirements?

--TheMiddleSeat

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

Yup.  Customer service looked it up and confirmed I met the requirements.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Did you check your account?  No link or email is required to activate, it's either in the account or it's not.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

Back when the promotion was going on did you REGISTER for the promotion THEN book and travel or did you possibly just book then travel or book then register 

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

Yes I registered and I booked flights afterward.  Two phone reps researched it and said I met all the criteria. First rep opened a case, but apparently didn't "send it."  The second agent also confirmed and sent the case over to the marketing promotions team. The second agent rebooked my son's ticket as a companion pass which refunded the miles I used to book his seat when I became concerned about seat availability.  Our flight is Monday morning, so I really appreciate her booking the companion seat for me directly on Friday.  The companion pass button still is not showing up.  Since I got what I needed, I will be contact them again after the trip.  Both reps told me I should hear within 24 hours of the case being opened; the marketing department probably does not work weekends.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jean_Jasinski wrote:

Yes I registered and I booked flights afterward.  Two phone reps researched it and said I met all the criteria. First rep opened a case, but apparently didn't "send it."  The second agent also confirmed and sent the case over to the marketing promotions team. The second agent rebooked my son's ticket as a companion pass which refunded the miles I used to book his seat when I became concerned about seat availability.  Our flight is Monday morning, so I really appreciate her booking the companion seat for me directly on Friday.  The companion pass button still is not showing up.  Since I got what I needed, I will be contact them again after the trip.  Both reps told me I should hear within 24 hours of the case being opened; the marketing department probably does not work weekends.

This is almost in the "try a different browser" to login sort of situation. 

If the rep was able to add your son are they saying the CP is active, but it just isn't showing on your My Account page?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

No, the phone agent booked my son as a courtesy since the flight was coming up.  Turns out she booked his RETURN flight for the same day as his outbound flight.  I am sure it was an accident, but learned this when I couldn't check him in last night.  Had to book a ticket for him with my points while this is getting resolved.  So It couldn't have been a true companion pass or his reservation would have been tied to mine.  The phone agent couldn't do anything for me last night because the case is still open.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jean_Jasinski wrote:

I have not received an email with any kind of link yet.  

You shouldn't need the email if it shows up in the online account you can name the companion from there.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.