Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Still waiting for my A-status through 2022. I've satisfied the required 2 RT flights after invited.

frandonovan124
Explorer C

I was invited to book and travel 2 RT flights between Aug 19 and Nov 19, 2021.  I have done so and completed both flights by Sept 13, 2021.

I've called 3 times to A-List customer service and they tell me that I have indeed completed the requirements and I  must wait for 4 weeks.

Has anyone had any luck obtaining this promotional extension of their A-List through 2022?

thanks in advance,

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Still waiting for my A-status through 2022. I've satisfied the required 2 RT flights after invi

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Seems like you have received the "answer" from SWA and that is wait 4 weeks. Just incase I hope you documented who and when you spoke with the SWA rep, personally I have found that helps if there is ever a dispute about the information exchanged to have a name and the date and time of the conversation.

Best of luck and welcome to the A-List.

Re: Still waiting for my A-status through 2022. I've satisfied the required 2 RT flights after invi

frandonovan124
Explorer C

I've had A-List for about 7 years or so.  However, with business travel curtailed and Covid restrictions in place and with my husband's Companion Pass, I did not have enough qualifying flights in place.  However, once offered the promotion I jumped on the chance to fly 2 RT flights and completed the requirment within a month of receiving the promotional offer.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The terms of the promo say:

A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks. Log in to your account at Southwest.com to verify your tier status after requirements are met.

Hopefully you'll see something within the next week. If it goes past 4 weeks I'd reach out to Southwest again.

FYI: Registration wasn't necessary for this one, but it was targeted. Any cash or points flights qualified, regardless of when booked.

More info here: Southwest makes re-qualifying for A-list easy as pie

Docwater66
Explorer C

Hey there. new to the group. My question on this topic is, what's the difference (if any) between "Award" travel and "Reward" travel? The email I received said:

Simply fly two qualifying round trip flights (or four qualifying one-way flights) between August 19 ... to keep your A-List benefits through December 31, 2022. This offer applies to all flights taken August 19 - November 19, regardless of wh...

If I go on the terms and conditions page, it says this:

"A qualifying flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest® from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest, or a round trip revenue flight on Southwest from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Companion Pass®, charter flights, reward and group travel, and Southwest Vacations® packages do not qualify as one-way or round trip revenue flight(s) for this promotion. Changes made to any itinerary after purchase of a qualifying flight may eliminate qualification for this promotion"

My question is, do flights booked with RR points count for this A-List promo or not?

Thank you for any info!

bec102896
Aviator A

Was this a register then book then fly promotion? If so hopefully you followed those steps or you won't qualify. Most SW promotions are register then book then fly I think I saw 1 this year where people didn't have to register but I don't remember if that was this one. 

poppagene
Explorer C

Today marks 4 weeks for me so "within" 4 weeks. Tomorrow will be more than 4 weeks, and I'll call customer service if A-list preferred isn't showing through 12/31/2022. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

You already have A-list thru EOY. 

The only thing that really matters is that you have it on 1/1/22 -- TWO + months from now.

Hold your horses.