Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Still waiting for my A-status through 2022. I've satisfied the required 2 RT flights after invited.

frandonovan124
New Arrival

I was invited to book and travel 2 RT flights between Aug 19 and Nov 19, 2021.  I have done so and completed both flights by Sept 13, 2021.

I've called 3 times to A-List customer service and they tell me that I have indeed completed the requirements and I  must wait for 4 weeks.

Has anyone had any luck obtaining this promotional extension of their A-List through 2022?

thanks in advance,

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Still waiting for my A-status through 2022. I've satisfied the required 2 RT flights after invi

parpitt1

Seems like you have received the "answer" from SWA and that is wait 4 weeks. Just incase I hope you documented who and when you spoke with the SWA rep, personally I have found that helps if there is ever a dispute about the information exchanged to have a name and the date and time of the conversation.

Best of luck and welcome to the A-List.

Re: Still waiting for my A-status through 2022. I've satisfied the required 2 RT flights after invi

frandonovan124
New Arrival

I've had A-List for about 7 years or so.  However, with business travel curtailed and Covid restrictions in place and with my husband's Companion Pass, I did not have enough qualifying flights in place.  However, once offered the promotion I jumped on the chance to fly 2 RT flights and completed the requirment within a month of receiving the promotional offer.

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

The terms of the promo say:

A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks. Log in to your account at Southwest.com to verify your tier status after requirements are met.

Hopefully you'll see something within the next week. If it goes past 4 weeks I'd reach out to Southwest again.

FYI: Registration wasn't necessary for this one, but it was targeted. Any cash or points flights qualified, regardless of when booked.

More info here: Southwest makes re-qualifying for A-list easy as pie

Docwater66
New Arrival

Hey there. new to the group. My question on this topic is, what's the difference (if any) between "Award" travel and "Reward" travel? The email I received said:

Simply fly two qualifying round trip flights (or four qualifying one-way flights) between August 19 ... to keep your A-List benefits through December 31, 2022. This offer applies to all flights taken August 19 - November 19, regardless of wh...

If I go on the terms and conditions page, it says this:

"A qualifying flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest® from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest, or a round trip revenue flight on Southwest from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Companion Pass®, charter flights, reward and group travel, and Southwest Vacations® packages do not qualify as one-way or round trip revenue flight(s) for this promotion. Changes made to any itinerary after purchase of a qualifying flight may eliminate qualification for this promotion"

My question is, do flights booked with RR points count for this A-List promo or not?

Thank you for any info!

bec102896
Top Contributor

Was this a register then book then fly promotion? If so hopefully you followed those steps or you won't qualify. Most SW promotions are register then book then fly I think I saw 1 this year where people didn't have to register but I don't remember if that was this one. 

poppagene
New Arrival

Today marks 4 weeks for me so "within" 4 weeks. Tomorrow will be more than 4 weeks, and I'll call customer service if A-list preferred isn't showing through 12/31/2022. 

dfwskier
Top Contributor

You already have A-list thru EOY. 

The only thing that really matters is that you have it on 1/1/22 -- TWO + months from now.

Hold your horses.