Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stolen Rewards

bonzart
Explorer C

Over 3 weeks ago someone stole all my Reward points.   We have been saving these because I have cancer and we wanted to travel during the upcoming holidays.

to visit family.  After contacting SW and being put on hold multiple times they filed a fraud report and said I would hear something in 7-10 days.

Someone went into my account and changed my address....I even have the address!!!  Then they ordered ITEMS not a ticket (according to the person on the phone attempting to help me).......I was told to change my passwords which I did.  I received an email from UPS stating that a package was going to THEIR ADDRESS with my name on it with everything they had ordered.  I immediately contacted SW Rewards to tell them that they needed to stop the package (I couldn't because I was not the shipper) and then they would have their goods back!!!!  The response I received was "its in the hands of the fraud department and they will be contacting you"......again NOTHING has become off this.

I initially ordered this SW CARD to build points and now this has happened to me.  Be very very ALERT with this.......the bank that holds the card for this is going to be notified also....this isn't fair to a customer.  

After contacting them again I was told that things have now changed at SW and they will only help you if you are lucky enough to get a CASE NUMBER from them.....Everyone change your cards if you are looking for points....SW is not helping with any of this....customer service is truly horrible.....and to think I didn't even create this and they truly don't care.  I am waiting TEN DAYS now that I have a case number and then I will go to my local news station here in SW Florida about this story......horrible!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Stolen Rewards

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bonzart wrote:

Over 3 weeks ago someone stole all my Reward points.    ...

Someone went into my account and changed my address....I even have the address!!! 

Sorry to hear of this. The only way for someone to do that is if they got your RR# and password.  Ay idea of how that could have happened?

Then they ordered ITEMS not a ticket (according to the person on the phone attempting to help me)......

Items???? 

The only non ticket "items" one can order from the airline are SW gift cards.

If  the   "items" are something else, then the transaction happened thu another company: More Reward  If so, have you filed a complaint with this company?

.I was told to change my passwords which I did.  I received an email from UPS stating that a package was going to THEIR ADDRESS with my name on it with everything they had ordered.  I immediately contacted SW Rewards to tell them that they needed to stop the package (I couldn't because I was not the shipper) and then they would have their goods back!!!!

Maybe More Rewards could have stopped the package.

jksobonya
Aviator A

This is unfortunate. One can only redeem items if you have a SW RR credit card and you utilize the More Rewards page to purchase items with points. Hopefully you will be able to get your points back, especially considering you have the fraudulent address that was used to purchase the items. You can prove that this address was not yours and that the transaction was not authorized by you. Good luck!

--Jessica

jcloper662
Explorer C

did you get any help?  same thing just happened to me!  I don't understand why we cant see transitions on the account and cancel them.  I was told mine were used for a gift card but regular support couldn't help me, now i am oh hold for well over an hour trying to talk to someone.   Did you get your points back???