Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Strong Holding my money

jretired96
Explorer C

I bought a ticket for my sister in law to fly home, during the time for her to fly her health took a turn for the worst. but I can't get a refund because the ticket is her name but on my card, so since she can't fly anymore or travel anymore why should I lose my money. I have emailed, called even contacted Southwest on Twitter and no one can help me. Why are you strong holding my money?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Strong Holding my money

gsking
Aviator C

I'm guessing it's because you bought a NONREFUNDABLE ticket? 

jretired96
Explorer C

No it’s refund only to her, but because of her health she can’t contact them. Only she can get the money or use the ticket. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Once a Wanna Get Away fare is purchased the money is associated with each individual traveler and not the person who actually spent the money to purchase the reservation. Since the original reservation was canceled, the individual travelers on the reservation have a travel fund (credit) that can be used towards a future flight. I don't know of exceptions being made for a traveler who is unable to travel. Perhaps with some documentation a refund could be arranged. You'll need to Contact Customer Relations

--TheMiddleSeat