Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Suggestion for A-List Baggage Claim

dplataii
Explorer C

A suggestion for SWA on behalf of A-List members:

One of the great benefits to A-List is priority boarding (being first or one of the first to board the plane)...well wouldn't it be great if we were first, or one of the first to receive our luggage from baggage claim?

It would be great to show A-list members more appreciation for the miles that we fly by adding an additional perk of "priority baggage". To me, this means when I arrive at the airport (A-list check-in line), I check my luggage, the SWA rep. would tag my luggage as "A-List/ A-List Preferred", etc. so when I land and head to the baggage claim area, my luggage is one of the first 10 bags (example) to come out of the luggage convayor belt. This tremendously reduces my wait time and allows me to get back to work or family much faster. I fly often and find myself wating 30+ minutes for my bag to appear while everyone else from my flight has gone on with their day. Please seriously consider. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Suggestion for A-List Baggage Claim

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dplataii wrote:

A suggestion for SWA on behalf of A-List members:

One of the great benefits to A-List is priority boarding (being first or one of the first to board the plane)...well wouldn't it be great if we were first, or one of the first to receive our luggage from baggage claim?

It would be great to show A-list members more appreciation for the miles that we fly by adding an additional perk of "priority baggage". To me, this means when I arrive at the airport (A-list check-in line), I check my luggage, the SWA rep. would tag my luggage as "A-List/ A-List Preferred", etc. so when I land and head to the baggage claim area, my luggage is one of the first 10 bags (example) to come out of the luggage convayor belt. This tremendously reduces my wait time and allows me to get back to work or family much faster. I fly often and find myself wating 30+ minutes for my bag to appear while everyone else from my flight has gone on with their day. Please seriously consider. Thank you!

I think this is something that Southwest might consider either as a perk or as a new optional service.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Very interesting idea, something I've enjoyed a few times on other airlines and wouldn't mind seeing Southwest try out.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

I think this would be a great thing for Southwest to try out sometime. 

I bet they could also sell priority bag handling for others say for $5 and they could come out after A List bags and it would probably be a big money maker just like EB check in is now.  

Blake