Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TQP and Reward Flights

lldks
Explorer C

I've got 2 questions for the experts -

1). I could swear that when I first logged on today, there was a blurb about TQP now being rewarded for reward flights.  Now I can't find it anymore.  I know that some of these things are "targeted" - has anyone else gotten this and could you explain?

2) Is the total TQP that one can earn from charging on SWA credit card still 15,000?  I (unfortunately) charge a lot on my cc, thus most of my flights are reward flights.  I sure would love to have that A list status.

Thanks, y'all!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: TQP and Reward Flights

lldks
Explorer C

I forgot to mention that there was also some mention of this applying to flights flown from January through September.

dfwskier
Aviator A

The deal applied to points flights flown between  1/1/22 and 9/19/22

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@lldks wrote:

2) Is the total TQP that one can earn from charging on SWA credit card still 15,000?  I (unfortunately) charge a lot on my cc, thus most of my flights are reward flights.  I sure would love to have that A list status.

Thanks, y'all!

You didn't mention which Southwest credit card you have, but some do have the following benefit:

Earn 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs) toward A-List status for every $10,000 spent in purchases annually–with no limit on the amount of TQPs you can earn

Check your Chase account and card benefits to confirm your specific offers. 

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

@lldks wrote:

I've got 2 questions for the experts -

1). I could swear that when I first logged on today, there was a blurb about TQP now being rewarded for reward flights.  Now I can't find it anymore.  I know that some of these things are "targeted" - has anyone else gotten this and could you explain?

There is a blog post about this here: https://community.southwest.com/t5/Blog/Limited-Time-Only-Southwest-Launches-Tier-Status-Acceleratio...

--Jessica