Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thank you Southwest for extending Companion Pass and A-List to 1/31/2023

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B

Just noticed on my RR account that my Companion Pass and A-List status has been extended to 1/31/2023. Thank You!

I hope this is the same for everyone else.

This was important for me as I'm 3,500 points short of the 125,000 CP points needed to renew and had planned to get them with 9,000 points from Business Select flights this week. Tried twice and both times flights were canceled. Now rebooked 1/13 to 1/16. 

By extending CP and AL to 1/31/2023 I'll easily renew these.

Thanks again to Southwest for making this change.

-Will (where there's a Will there's a way)

PS - I did email Southwest and requested the change; hopefully they're making it universal, but if you had flights this week that were canceled, needed the extra points to renew, and haven't had your accounts extended I recommend you email Southwest; do check first as there have been almost 400,000 email requests this week, no need to burden them unnecessarily.  

- Will (where there's a will there's a way)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Thank you Southwest for extending Companion Pass and A-List to 1/31/2023

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Clarification question... did they extend your  existing CP and/or A-List or extend the qualification period to earn CP and/or A-List, or both?  Hopefully all of the above, but if they extend the existing without extending qualification period that's a very different story.

--TheMiddleSeat

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B
RAPID REWARDS STATUS
A-List
Earned through 1/31/23
YOUR POINTS AVAILABLE

Way to go! You're almost there to keeping A-List for next year.

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B

Tried to upload a jpeg but apparently I don't have the permissions?

TheConnection
Explorer C

Yes.  Same here.    Derailed on a cancelled flight on 12/28 for renewing my Preferred status. They extended to 1/31/23.  But does that mean the earning period or just the benefit.  Also.  Does that mean the points earned during January count towards 2022 or 2023 or Both?   Better be BOTH or we just got hammered again for 2023 right out of the gate.  

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B

There was a communication that said anyone who had their A-List / CP status extended to 1/31/2023 will be able to use the status until then, earn points to renew status to 12/31/23, and points earned in January 2023 will also count towards qualifying for 2024 status.

Hope that helps.

TheConnection
Explorer C

I haven’t received such communication (nor seen that) where it states travel in January 2023 counts towards A List or Preferred renewal for ‘22 as well as ‘23.  The only comm I’ve received is one stating they would be reviewing all accounts where the cancelled flight would have qualified for the new tier and to standby for an additional communication.  I’m still waiting.  

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

The extension of benefits only appears to have happened either for passengers with reservations or who were close. or both.  I was AList preferred last year but didn't earn Preferred status, and my status is showing as AList for this year.  It reset.

I just hope they post the two-month promotional companion pass offer I earned last year on Jan. 4 as promised since I have a flight booked for Jan. 9 and my companion pass is not yet showing.