Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

There should be more or different status options

bozacksmith
Explorer B

SWA..........

As a loyal and consistent RR member some feedback from someone that earns companion pass each year through loyal flying and not credit cards.

You should have an extra tier or some different perks for those of us that are loyal on the business side and earn through flying and not credit card points (unless credit cards are that much more lucrative and then it would be nice to know it so we can adjust).

There should also be some type of grace status offered. Even though I earn companion pass each year what happens the year I break a hip or something happens where I can't travel for a few months and it jeapordizes my status for the next year. Some of the other airlines will actually match your status if something like that happens a few times during your lifetime membership.

You should also offer some type of lifetime bonus carrot out there. Even though I earn companion pass each year you only get half my business because I switch and add to my other status on other airlines as once I hit a million miles on those airlines I can get Gold or whatever status they have for life and don't have to worry about status issues when I retire etc.....

Anyone else thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: There should be more or different status options

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bozacksmith wrote:

SWA..........

As a loyal and consistent RR member some feedback from someone that earns companion pass each year through loyal flying and not credit cards.

You should have an extra tier or some different perks for those of us that are loyal on the business side and earn through flying and not credit card points (unless credit cards are that much more lucrative and then it would be nice to know it so we can adjust).

There should also be some type of grace status offered. Even though I earn companion pass each year what happens the year I break a hip or something happens where I can't travel for a few months and it jeapordizes my status for the next year. Some of the other airlines will actually match your status if something like that happens a few times during your lifetime membership.

You should also offer some type of lifetime bonus carrot out there. Even though I earn companion pass each year you only get half my business because I switch and add to my other status on other airlines as once I hit a million miles on those airlines I can get Gold or whatever status they have for life and don't have to worry about status issues when I retire etc.....

Anyone else thoughts?

A-List and A-List Preferred can only be earned by actual flying, not credit card use (except for a very small amount of points earnable on certain cards). It's the program that recognizes flyer loyalty.

If you're earning companion pass solely through flying, certainly you're also earning all the perks of A-List?

bozacksmith
Explorer B

wrong.......

“Companion Pass Qualifying Points are earned from your revenue flights booked through Southwest Airlines, your points earned by making purchases with a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card, and your base points earned from Rapid Rewards partners.”

The Companion Pass page on Southwest’s website provides some examples of partner activity that will count toward qualification, including:

• Rapid Rewards credit cards, including sign-up bonuses
  • Shopping and dining partners, including Rapid Rewards dining
  • Home and lifestyle partners

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bozacksmith wrote:

That’s the A-list and A-list preferred - you MUST earn these separately from companion pass. 

@bozacksmith wrote:

They do this as well for A-list with a promotional offer. In my case I didn’t fly as much last year with a birth of a child, missed A-list and CP.

i was hoping/expecting that an A-list promotion would come and one did. I didn’t see a CP promotions and I’m not sure if those are regularly offered. 

The lifetime idea is interesting, send that in to “Contact Us” so they know it is an interesting topic.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bozacksmith
Explorer B

good idea in sending it in but I usually do once a month anyways.

Extra tier I am referring to above companion pass or something seperate for business travelers.

If you reach companion you have already qualified and gotten A-list and preferred status and perks.

The different or extra tier for business travelers is we do it flying, know the drills, aren;t flying just because of a cheap wanna getaway fare and usually help the FA and GA fairly often.