Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Three hours.... EARLY?!?!

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi Southwest,

Thank you so much for your standby priority policy for A-List members! My schedule changed last minute yesterday, allowing me to fly standby on an earlier flight. I arrived to my destination three hours ahead of schedule due to your flexibility.

Thank you for continuing to connect me to the things that matter in my life.

I appreciate you!

ILV2fly

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Three hours.... EARLY?!?!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ILV2flywrote:

Hi Southwest,

Thank you so much for your standby priority policy for A-List members! My schedule changed last minute yesterday, allowing me to fly standby on a earlier flight. I arrived to my destination three hours ahead of schedule due to your flexibility.

Thank you for continuing to connect me to the things that matter in my life.

I appreciate you!

ILV2fly

Glad to hear you didn't get stuck at the airport for an extra three hours!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi @DancingDavidE,

I LOVE airports so I don’t usually mind delays. Just means more time to people watch.

ILV2fly

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you fly Southwest to MSP, leave enough extra time to take the light rail to the larger Terminal 1, that's a great spot for hustle and bustle. There are a few more restaurant choices as well, although I'm actually happy with the Surdyk's Flights on the Humphrey Terminal side. The light rail connects to the Mall of America too. (Not for free to go to the mall, its free between terminals.)

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi, @DancingDavidE,

Thank you so much for the inside scoop! I’ll keep this tips in mind if I find my way to MSP.

ILV2fly

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ILV2flywrote:

Hi @DancingDavidE,

I LOVE airports so I don’t usually mind delays. Just means more time to people watch.

ILV2fly

I'll have to dig it up, but I have a "MapMyWalk" GPS tracking  for one time during bad weather that I went way early to ATL and proceeded to walk every gate (and the walkway between each concourse) in the place over several hours. It ended up being like a 10k I think.

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi @DancingDavidE,

I’m very familiar with ATL. I was stranded there for two and half days. I wasn’t mad at all (because that wouldn’t have changed the fact I was stranded due to ice). I felt like Tom Hanks in The Terminal. I will admit, though, I was ready for a home cooked meal after two and a half days of airport food.

Cheers!

ILV2fly

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You could really get your money's worth if you bought a pass to that lounge out in the international terminal and hung out there for two days.