Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tier Status Benefits - Covid

rcbb123
Explorer C

Do you have an approximate date when the bonus qualifying flight points/credits will be posted to ones Rapid Rewards Accounts?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Tier Status Benefits - Covid

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Hi @rcbb123!

Unfortunately, no.  When SW announced the extension of travel funds expiration dates, the change in the system did not process for several weeks.

The message for the posting of the bonus points remains "in the coming weeks." 

For most, when the points post does not matter because it will not get them across the finish line for status starting this year, but it sounds like this "boost" may give you what you need to get to A List right now?  If that is the case, I understand why you are anxious.  Hopefully everything will go through soon!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

rcbb123
Explorer C

Yes, the SW website indicates the status benefits for A List/Preferred/Companion Pass qualifying credits/points would be posted in a few weeks, but that was awhile ago, so was just wondering if they have a better projected date for updating everyone's accounts.  This will help me in particular for some upcoming travel.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@rcbb123 Gotcha. Wish I could help with a concrete answer!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bec102896
Aviator A

You could always try and ask Southwest on Facebook or Twitter and maybe they will have some new information but no guarantees. 

Hopefully it will be soon though as I know a lot of people are anxiously waiting for the flights/points to post to get them over the finish line. 

AvKrayez
Explorer A

Browsing through the community and a quick update on this topic. I checked my RR acct Thursday and it’s updated with the flight and points boost toward maintaining tier status. I’m already A List and had 12 flights going into mid March when I ceased traveling. Now it shows 22, however it still shows my status only through the end of 2020. Perhaps the “earned through” dates will be updated sometime later. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@AvKrayez wrote:

Browsing through the community and a quick update on this topic. I checked my RR acct Thursday and it’s updated with the flight and points boost toward maintaining tier status. I’m already A List and had 12 flights going into mid March when I ceased traveling. Now it shows 22, however it still shows my status only through the end of 2020. Perhaps the “earned through” dates will be updated sometime later. 

I suspect that is the case.