Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Touch ID

postiecat
Explorer C

How do I use touch ID?   The screen comes up and I put my finger on it and nothing happens.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Touch ID

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @postiecat,

If you click on the app menu (using the hamburger menu in the top left corner), and scroll down, you'll see an option for "Touch ID Settings." If you enable it, you'll be able to use your Touch ID to log in to your Rapid Rewards Account when you open the app. To test it, enable the feature, log out of your account, and then log back in. 

jrcowel
Explorer B

The menu item of which you speak does not exist. App level - 5.7.1, iPhone 7, iOS 11.4.1.

I have uninstalled and installed the app many times.

I cannot get Touch ID to work until I logon to the app manually, log off, and then select “Log in or Enroll” in the upper right hand corner.

Touch ID used to work when first opening app, but no longer - frustrating - and there is no where that I can find to set it one way or another.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jrcowel wrote:

The menu item of which you speak does not exist. App level - 5.7.1, iPhone 7, iOS 11.4.1.

I have uninstalled and installed the app many times.

I cannot get Touch ID to work until I logon to the app manually, log off, and then select “Log in or Enroll” in the upper right hand corner.

Touch ID used to work when first opening app, but no longer - frustrating - and there is no where that I can find to set it one way or another.

@jrcowelthat post by @LindseyD was from two years ago, so things have changed slightly since then.

It might be best if you posted in a new thread since the prior responses won't apply to your issue today, and might be more likely to catch any others having the same issue and who hopefully know what settings to change.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.