Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Travel Funds....beating a dead horse

Pro0467
Explorer B

Will do.....I'm going to test one of my funds today and will know by Friday at the latest.

THAT SAID....I have no doubt that those that so helpfully responded are correct. I was just trying to clarify my interpretation!

The key (for you & I) is to complete all of this prior to 9/7/20 (9/6 would be better)!!!

Once I am successful I will think about POSSIBLY converting those now 9/7/20 funds to Rapid Reward Points. That way they can be used by anyone with no expiration.  This year has shown you NEVER know what may happen, and this might give more possibilities.  I THINK once you have a travel fund that expires 9/7/22 you can convert it as long as you do it by mid December this year....maybe??? Thats my next step (maybe) once I clear this first hurdle!! Honestly getting the extra time to use the Travel Funds alone will be a HUGE relief!!

Thank you everyone for your help!!

Pro0467
Explorer B

It worked!!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!

It worked just as everyone mentioned. I booked a reservation for a date prior to 9/7/20, it cost a few dollars more than my expiring travel fund so I paid the $4 balance on my credit card. About 2 hours later I canceled the reservation. It allowed me to refund the $4 back to my credit card and issued a Travel Bank for the amount of my original Travel Bank. At the time of cancel it showed my ORIGINAL expiration date for my new Travel Bank. I went back into my Travel Funds Account (using res# of my most recent cancelation) at approx 130am EST, and the funds then said expiring 9/7/2022!!!!!!

I CANT THANK EVERYONE ENOUGH FOR ALL OF THEIR  GUIDANCE TO A REAL SOLUTION!!! THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU!!!!!

ANYONE ELSE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION, ACT BEFORE 9/7/20 TO EXTEND YOUR FUNDS!!!

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

That's why some of us are here.  Unlike those that sign in one time just to complain, I know there are those of us that more than not, try to be helpful.  I actually joined up to just get information, and then decided to try and be helpful.  Glad you were helped as I was.