Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Trouble Logging In

dianamezzanotte
Explorer C

I went to create a rapid rewards account and it said I already had one, even though I have no info about it in my email. I tried to log in to retrieve my password and it says the system can't find me. Essentially, I can't create a new account, but I don't actually have an account to log into. Has this happened to anyone?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Trouble Logging In

dfwskier
Aviator A

You might want to try to get your  username/ account number from this southwest page

https://www.southwest.com/account/recovery#needUsername

Edit add: note that if you use the function that every word needs to EXACTLY match what is currently in the system. So if you set upthe account as belonging to Robert A. Smith, then that's what you'll need to type in. If you type in Robert or Bob, the system will say that it can't find you.

Re: Trouble Logging In

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dianamezzanotte wrote:

I went to create a rapid rewards account and it said I already had one, even though I have no info about it in my email. I tried to log in to retrieve my password and it says the system can't find me. Essentially, I can't create a new account, but I don't actually have an account to log into. Has this happened to anyone?

For some reason Southwest may not have an email associated with it - then they can't email you a reset link.

I'd say call. Worst case if you are in a time crunch to get tickets booked now, and most likely if there is an account in your name that you've forgotten about you must not have used it and any points are likely expired?

1. Make a new account to get your flights booked, then combine them later. https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/I-ve-discovered-that-i-have-2-separate-Rapid-...
  2. Use the same contact info in the link above to call and get a new email assigned, then you should be able to use the online reset tools.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.