Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to get help from Customer Service

BarbTX
Explorer C

Waited on phone for over 30 minutes and when I was finally connected, call was "released"...

Tried to email SW but also was unsuccessful.  Trying to find out info on problems with TSA Pre and also Rapid Rewards/log in.  Cannot get help because of poor/unavailable Customer Service.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Unable to get help from Customer Service

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

At the moment, Southwest is dealing with a significant weather event and some wesbite/IT issues which are causing the very long hold times. My suggestion would be to wait a few days (if possible) and then contact Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654. Good luck!

BarbTX
Explorer C

Thanks.  I saw the weather report this A.M. concerning the snow storms in the NE.  I will try  the number you posted.

R-S
Explorer C

I needed help in getting information about applying for a Southwest credit card. There was no link anywhere to do that.Tried calling customer service but was put on hold. Waited 20 minutes with no one answering so gave up. This was the 3rd time in a week I called with the same results.

franktravel
Aviator B

Apply here:  http://bit.ly/2npj4ft

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Regarding TSA Pre, you've probably already seen several suggestions on these forums but the top tips are:

• don't rely on automatically importing the number from you profile - type it into the box when you purchase tickets if it didn't show up automatically. It doesn't automatically get added after you buy tickets. Also type it in the box for booking companion pass, if applicable.
  • make sure your name is spelled the same, one of the two isn't using a nickname, etc.
  • call the 800 number and have your KTN added after purchase, but before arrival at the airport
  • at the airport if it doesn't print on your boarding pass, the ticket agent can also add it and reprint (although at this point the time savings may be moot, I'd still do it for keeping shoes on and laptops in my bag).
Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.