Re: Upcoming Flight Not Displayed

franktravel
Aviator B

Try this! https://tinyurl.com/lqmaxam

Add your Rapid Rewards number again. 

Anubisjeff
Explorer B

I started this thread over five years ago, and since then nothing has changed to improve the customer experience on southwest.com.   Trips still do not properly display under "Trips."  Trying to find the link to book a companion pass is maddeningly difficult, especially when your trip doesn't show up as it should under "Trips!"   The money-generating "Upgrade" button is prominent everywhere, but try to find a "Book Companion" button.  Good luck.

Obviously, a website that is mediocre at best is acceptable to the management of Southwest Airlines, or they would be attentive to the site's shortcomings.  Adding a "Book Companion" button to a few more screens should be a simple task for a programmer, but no one is giving them the order to add them.

If you ever want to find the morgue in a hospital, go outside and find the dumpsters.  Then, go in the first door that will take you into the hospital and the morgue will be nearby.  Why?  Because hospitals make no money from the morgue, so the morgue always gets cheap real estate in a hospital.  Southwest makes little compensation from companion flights, and it is my contention that they make it difficult to book because of that.  Which sort of goes against the whole Southwest attitude.

floridaguy
Aviator C

My suggestion is that you actually LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT before buying tickets.

When you buy tickets outside of your account, it is a little hard for Southwest to match those to your account [eyes rolling].

As far as the hospital, etc you are on the wrong message board.

Speaking of board...

Pre board pre board....over the ocean blue.....you paid for business select and I got to board ahead of you.....

Anubisjeff
Explorer B

I was LOGGED INTO MY ACCOUNT when I purchased the flight.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@Anubisjeff wrote:

I started this thread over five years ago, and since then nothing has changed to improve the customer experience on southwest.com.   Trips still do not properly display under "Trips."   

Hmmm. I've been booking online trips since Southwest first allowed the option.

EVERY TIME (and there are hundreds of times) those trips showed up under "trips"  ----------with one exception --

THE TIME I FORGOT TO INCLUDE A RR NUMBER on the reservation.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I am so sorry that you have to do a bit of work to get your FREE TRIP.

Anubisjeff
Explorer B

It's by no means a "free trip."  I could just as well be receiving cash back on purchases instead of flight miles because my use of the credit card is valuable to whoever issues the card.  Southwest does not give these flights away out of the goodness of their heart, they reward us for generating interest income for them.

It's not about the work I have to do.  It's about the recurring problems with the website that Southwest fails to address.  These problems have been plaguing me, and others, for years.  Southwest promises to look into it, and that they're working on the problems.  Nothing ever changes.  This is bad business.

Anubisjeff
Explorer B

That's a very good suggestion.  I know in the past I had entered the RR number and it had to be removed because I was booking using points.  So, I never enter it anymore, but about half my flights show up and half don't, roughly.  I will certainly enter it the next time I book a flight.  Thank you for your information.  I appreciate your advice.

Anubisjeff
Explorer B

You were absolutely correct about adding the RR number.  I had to change a reservation, added the RR number, and everything showed up.

It's my recollection that previously if you were booking with points and filled in the box with your RR number, the system made you remove it before you could move on.  In any event, thank you for solving the problem for me.  Now, why didn't any of the Southwest people give me the answer years ago?