Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Upgraded Boarding With Southwest Priority Credit Card

HometownLIT
Explorer C

Straight Forward Questions

Does '1' Upgraded Boarding Go Towards A Round Trip, One Way, or Single Flight?

If I Upgrade Boarding and My Wife Is Under The Same Confirmation Number or Itenerary, Will She Be Upgraded Too, or Will I Have to Pay Extra, or Will It Count As '1' Upgrade As Well?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Upgraded Boarding With Southwest Priority Credit Card

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

You will pay for each flight of your roundtrip per person.

For example, if you are flying out and back direct, you will need to pay for upgraded boarding (and then recieve the credit) for yourself going and coming and also then for your wife. So a direct roundtrip for you both will required purchasing four upgraded boardings (to be credited from Chase).

If you have connections, you have to pay for upgraded boarding for every flight you actually take (unless you have a "one stop, no plane change" where you have a stop/"connection" but don't get off the plane.

You might find that based on your spots after check in, you might want it going one way and then may not coming back or one one of your connections but not another.

Enjoy!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TucsonMatt
Explorer C

But there is no reason to upgrade my wife, right? I can get on early and save her a seat....

aMomTo6
Adventurer B

Yes, technically speaking, no need to upgrade your wife, too. Saving a seat for her would potentially be the best plan .  Just keeping in mind that there are a few folks that bristle at the whole seat saving thing.  Be kind and don't save the exit row and you should be okay ; )

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Even though it's an exit row, saving that middle doesn't seem to bristle people too much.

Saving the whole row though will be some definite stink-eye, but that's not what you were describing.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.