Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Upgraded boarding with the priorty card question

rich1954
Adventurer A

I just bought 2 upgraded boardings on my last trip and realize I will be reimbursed from Chase on my priorty card. I have 2 more free ones coming and was wondering if the 4 free upgrades are per calender year or based on my anniversary year of owning the card. Any ideas anyone?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Upgraded boarding with the priorty card question

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Anniversary year. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

On the other thread @chgoflyer you also mentioned that it may be one reimbursement per flight?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

On the other thread @chgoflyer you also mentioned that it may be one reimbursement per flight?

I'm not sure what you mean... there's no such limitation that I know of.

notyou
Explorer C

I have the same card and was trying to figure this out from the T&Cs.

When I purchase the upgraded boardings at the gate on my Southwest card, are they automatically reimbursed the statement, similar to the $75 credit or do I need to wait until the anniversary of the card to get the reimbursement? 

Or if someone can advise when the upgraded boarding reimbursement happens when it is purchased at the gate?

Can I buy all four at one time and get the reimbursement?  Is this transaction coded in a certain way that Chase knows to automatically reimburse it?

SWDigits
Aviator A

@notyou I replied to your question with source links in this thread:
https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards-Credit-Card/Rapid-Rewards-Priority-Card-upgra...

Short version:

• Reimbursement posts as a statement credit within 8 weeks.
  • "You may purchase all 4 Upgraded Boardings at one time or on separate flights" <-- from the T&C, see the link path I provided in my other reply.

Hope this helps!

Customer | Home airport DCA

notyou
Explorer C

Thanks @SWDigits 

They were credited the next day.