Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Use rapid rewards points for Amazon gift cards

Sam2427
Explorer A

I have several times in the past used my points to redeem for Amazon gift cards. Such a great option to have and good value!

Now, I went to the More Rewards section and it seems the Amazon gift card option has been removed!

Will someone please tell me that it is only temporary!!

Also, a few years ago, yo ucould get electronic delivery of the gift cards which was awesome and most of all, very fast (unlike the current wait of 2 weeks or so). If someone could share some insight on this. that would be great!

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Use rapid rewards points for Amazon gift cards

actionjb62
Explorer C

I wondered the same thing this morning when I tried to grab some more because I was going to make a large purchase. I already had four that I ordered in March and hadn't redeemed yet - when I tried today it turned out that they were redeemed even before I made the order with Rapid Rewards (Amazon confirmed when they were redeemed). Wonder if that has anything to do with why they are no longer available.

Anyway, Rapid Rewards is closed over the weekend but I hope they will resolve this issue for me.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@actionjb62 wrote:

I wondered the same thing this morning when I tried to grab some more because I was going to make a large purchase. I already had four that I ordered in March and hadn't redeemed yet - when I tried today it turned out that they were redeemed even before I made the order with Rapid Rewards (Amazon confirmed when they were redeemed). Wonder if that has anything to do with why they are no longer available.

Anyway, Rapid Rewards is closed over the weekend but I hope they will resolve this issue for me.

Make sure you're calling the right number -- Rapid Rewards customer service will just tell you to call More Rewards (a completely separate 3rd party):

What is the contact information for More Rewards, and what are its service hours?

To place an order or inquire about an existing order, call 1-800-833-4861 from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday. 

Sam2427
Explorer A

So today I called the More Rewards customer service line and the representative had no information at all, besides being able to confirm that they currently did not offer the Amazon gift cards. I asked who was responsible for the selection the offer and he said that it was Southwest that picked the available options. So, Southwest, PLEASE bring back the Amazon cards! 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Sam2427,

The Amazon Gift Cards are only being temporarily removed from More Rewards. The will be available again soon. 

Sam2427
Explorer A

Thank you Lindsey, that's great news!

AndyMc2011
Explorer C

Hi, what is the date of when you will bring back the Amazon cards. As you can see they are quite popular.

rickscherer
Explorer C

Oh thank you @LindseyD!!!

I had some major heart palpitations when I noticed they were gone.

I'm very glad to hear that this is just temporary 🙂

As a MAJOR bonus, it would be AMAZING if they could become eGift Cards 🙂  Waiting stinks!

Cheers,

-Rick

jgugen1
Explorer C

When will these be available again for purchase?

Thanks,

Josh

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jgugen1,

We don't have an exact date for when the Amazon gift cards will be back, but they are returning!