Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Using New Rapid Reward Credit Card

traildancer
Explorer C

I have the same problem.  Was approved for the card, tried to book a flight and use the card but..no number.  Amazon automatically assigns their credit card to your Amazon account and I thought the same would happen here but there was no number and no way to book a flight using that credit card.

Called SW.  Told to call Chase. "You didn't get the account number when you were approved?" said the surprised Chase rep.  Back and forth.  Finally some Chase rep. told me the card was automatically assigned to my account and I should be able to see the number in my account information.

Nope. no number.  Now I will miss the pricing while waiting for the ticket.

This card and all of its benefits are adverstised on the SW website so even though the card is issued by Chase, SW is responsible for the integrity of the content.  They wouldn't advertise a great real estate deal on their website and not be responsible if it turned out to be the Brooklyn Bridge.  Further more, they must have read these complaints by now and should have taken the necessary steps to work with Chase and correct the problem.

I am a long time SW traveler.  I have referred many people to it back in the early days of SW. One of the primary reasons was its customer service.  I am so disappointed in Southwest. Looks like its customer service is getting to be just like all of the other airlines.

merdur
Explorer C

Personally, I'd take the issue to Southwest's Twitter account. Companies HATE to see bad tweets about themselves and will answer you quickly. I was thinking about getting the card. Now I won't.

countof3
Explorer C

This, in my opinion, is both a Southwest issue and a Chase issue.

Southwest is promoting this card as a RAPID REWARDS item.  This is a Southwest feature.  Chase is making the offer to get the discount ON THE FLIGHT YOU ARE BOOKING AT THAT MOMENT.

Obviously here, we can see, the feature that is supposed to work, is not working.  When you click "take me back to Southwest" it is supposed to load your information and allow you to use the new account.

I was actually able to see the account in my Chase online system. But they block the number and do not give any option to retrieve it.  It's bait and switch 100% because now, they are saying when the card arrives in 10-12 days, they'll allow me to use the $200 credit. Only I was booking a flight that will likely be sold out by then.

So, Southwest and Chase, nice one.  I spent a half hour on the phone with a Chase manager and there was zero way to fix it.  I am highly considering refusing to use either one ever again because this kind of nonsense is not tolerable.  Given all the posts here - both companies KNOW this is an issue.

greenmaze
Explorer C

Happened to me today. Found flights I wanted to buy. Applied for card and was approved. Went to buy flights and no way to use new card. Called Chase and of course they can't give me the information for the card. Told them to fix the electronic association with my Southwest account or cancel new credit card because it's useless if I can't use it today. Card canceled. Thanks for the hard credit inquiry.

stephiebean3127
Explorer C

Just happened to me too a few days ago. Got instant approval then no way to purchase the tickets right then like they said I could. Called southwest, they transferred me to chase. Chase played dumb and didn’t help at all. Asked them to give me my new credit card number over the phone and they wouldn’t. Anyway, the tickets I wanted are long gone, however I take this flight annually and 4 months from now I will still get the flight I want even tho  there was only 1 seat left at that price the other night.

ErinL1196
Explorer C

Has anyone had this resolved? I am trying to buy tickets and wanted to use the new Chase card and I have no cc# and it did not autofill...I am pretty upset!

Rolo
Explorer C

In my case, I could indeed pay with the Southwest/Chase credit card to which I applied during the ticket purchase process. However, so far, I have not received such a $200 credit and the balance shown in my Chase account is the total cost of the purchase.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Rolo wrote:

In my case, I could indeed pay with the Southwest/Chase credit card to which I applied during the ticket purchase process. However, so far, I have not received such a $200 credit and the balance shown in my Chase account is the total cost of the purchase.

As I said in the post directly above yours, as well as in the new thread you opened on this topic, the credit will appear on your 1st statement.

If you have any questions, reach out to Chase.

Rolo
Explorer C

Just to complete the sentence, I received the $200 credit, along with the $69 annual fee charge, approximately a week after applying for the card (say, about the time when I received the card by mail).

dianaaschner
Explorer C

I wanted to buy tickets today and, being that the promo was touted on checkout, I assumed I would be able to apply and use my card today, as I've been able to do with other cards (Amazon etc). I was disappointed to find that not the case. Like others I don't want to wait a week when prices are going up. I did not navigate away-- if this is a tech glitch they have had 6 years to fix it! 

My workaround: I called Chase and they are overnighting the card to me free of charge. Still not a great solution but the call took 5 minutes and hopefully flights won't go up too much before tomorrow. Hope that helps someone out there.