Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using New Rapid Reward Credit Card

stwilliams82
Explorer C

Does anyone know if there is a way to link my Chase Southwest to my Rapid Rewards. I applied for the card through my Rapid Rewards and thought it would automatically link the two but I am new to this and have no idea what I'm doing. Any tips would be great.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Using New Rapid Reward Credit Card

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @stwilliams82,

Yes, you can certainly get your account linked to your Chase Visa Rapid Rewards Card. You'll need to reach out to Chase Visa Customer Service using any of the options listed here.

Welcome to the program!

pyroside
Explorer C

There is a problem it does not use the same "username" and you can not use your "username" because the Computer Programer of Chase has but in very unique and unhelpful restrictions on even your user name.

Responding to CHASE you can't, It asks for account information "that will not accept" Unless you already have a ACTIVE account that has met all there requirements.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Your Rapid Rewards username and your Chase username are two different things. They do not need to be the same. If your RR account isn't already linked to your Chase Southwest Visa card account, a call to Chase can fix that.

smithk41
Explorer C

I am having the same problem as everyone else below.... Who do I call to fix this asap?  I need to buy my tickets asap....Thank you Karla Smith

Using New Rapid Reward Credit Card
ngrg11
TOURIST

Hi.  Hoping to find an answer here...I just signed up for a SW credit card. I thought I would be able to apply and use SW credit card on today's ticket purchase.  I clicked the link through checkout, filled out the application and was approved.  Clicked the chase link to return to SW to buy tickets and I'm unable to purchase because I don't have the new credit card number. I called SW and was told to call Chase.  Called Chase and was told it was a SW issue.  Does anyone know how long it takes to link account?  Don't really want to wait until credit card arrives next week and lose out on ticket prices today.  Thanks!

chuckd992
NEW ARRIVAL

Did you get your answer? I have exactly the same issue. 

franktravel
NAVIGATOR

I think this is the offer you are talking about.....  This is the offer that is at the bottom of the payment page when paying for a flight. 

Earn a $200 statement credit after your first purchase, which will post on the same statement if you make your first purchase today, and 10,000 bonus points after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.* This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

Re: Using New Rapid Reward Credit Card[ Edited ]
ngrg11
TOURIST

No - I was told I would just need to wait to receive my card.  Chase says it's SW's problem and SW said it was chase's.  Doesn't help when fares doubled the next day. 

ROBNISSEN
TOURIST

I have the same issue. No one knows the answer at Chase nor Southwest. Really is a bait'n'switch scam it seems. All I have really accomplished is that I have a card coming I don't need, and a $69 fee that I would never have agreed to if not for saving money on my tickets; which it appears I will not!  This is frustrating, making me angry. Wasting time to get screwed in the end. Rather than save money, they hit me for $69. Chase said that they have no such promise to credit any account for $200 as a part of their program. So, it's Southwest who provides the Credit, if at all for making your ticket purchase with the new card. BUT, you miss out on the better fare price waiting for your useless card to arrive who-knows-when. The person at Customer Service transferred me to Chase Customer Service.  It's a loop.  Since there are others with this unanswered question, apparently Southwest has no answer or it's working perfectly not fixing it.

chgoflyer
WEEKENDER

The offer is defintely from Chase.

chase offer.png

Here's the link to the Chase website when you click on "Learn More": https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/iccigprice200Plus

You can still close the account, and not pay the $69 annual fee, as long as you don't use the card. (Your credit report may take a hit for the inquiry.)

kdowding
Explorer C

I was wondering if my family is the only one out there that has experienced this .................

I took my automobile to get some work done on it, the establishment was suppose to call with an estimate (dollar amount) which they never did but they did the work on the car anyway!!! When I went to pick up the auto they gave me an inflated amount $580.00 ( got estimates at 3 other shops all under $400.00) I told them I would not pay that amount was way to high of a charge!! The establishment charged my Southwest Visa Chase card!!  

When I contacted Southwest Visa Chase disput customer service the agents (yes more than one, plus a supervisor) informed me that ANY ESTABLISHMENT YOU GIVE YOUR SOUTHWEST VISA CHASE CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO, YOU ARE AUTHORIZING THE ESTABLISHMENT TO CHARGE UP TO $999.00!! Just by giving them your Chase Visa Credit Card number!!  When I went to disput the Southweast  Visa Chase Credit card charge from the automobile establishment whom charged over and above normal charges should have been, also withOUT my permission, I was told by Chase Bank customer service that they couldn't help me because I have given the automible establishment my Southwest Visa Chase Bank credit card number to the automobile establishment and by doing that I inadvertently authorized the establishment (or any establishment you give your Chase Visa credit card number too) to charge up to $999.00 on my Southwest Visa Chase Credit Card!!!

They told me there was nothing they could do to help me out!! I never experienced anything like this or any problem with other credit card carriers in over 25 years!!

STAY AWAY FROM CHASE BANK!! BUYER BEWARE!!

Southwest should be made aware of how Chase Bank is treating Southwest customers!! I only got the Chase Bank Visa CC for the extra Southwest airllines points tword flights.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@kdowding wrote:

I was wondering if my family is the only one out there that has experienced this .................

I took my automobile to get some work done on it, the establishment was suppose to call with an estimate (dollar amount) which they never did but they did the work on the car anyway!!! When I went to pick up the auto they gave me an inflated amount $580.00 ( got estimates at 3 other shops all under $400.00) I told them I would not pay that amount was way to high of a charge!! The establishment charged my Southwest Visa Chase card!!  

When I contacted Southwest Visa Chase disput customer service the agents (yes more than one, plus a supervisor) informed me that ANY ESTABLISHMENT YOU GIVE YOUR SOUTHWEST VISA CHASE CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO, YOU ARE AUTHORIZING THE ESTABLISHMENT TO CHARGE UP TO $999.00!! Just by giving them your Chase Visa Credit Card number!!  When I went to disput the Southweast  Visa Chase Credit card charge from the automobile establishment whom charged over and above normal charges should have been, also withOUT my permission, I was told by Chase Bank customer service that they couldn't help me because I have given the automible establishment my Southwest Visa Chase Bank credit card number to the automobile establishment and by doing that I inadvertently authorized the establishment (or any establishment you give your Chase Visa credit card number too) to charge up to $999.00 on my Southwest Visa Chase Credit Card!!!

They told me there was nothing they could do to help me out!! I never experienced anything like this or any problem with other credit card carriers in over 25 years!!

STAY AWAY FROM CHASE BANK!! BUYER BEWARE!!

Southwest should be made aware of how Chase Bank is treating Southwest customers!! I only got the Chase Bank Visa CC for the extra Southwest airllines points tword flights.

I suspect you would have gotten the same answer from Citi, or PNC, or BofA, or Wells. It's not just Chase.

Why on earth did you give them a card number before the repairs were done? 

I suspect your state requires the shop to give you an estimate before doing work (many do). If it did not, IMO Your best recourse is to file a complaint with the state, BBB, Angies List, et all. Maybe that will get the shop to reduce the charge