Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Using New Rapid Reward Credit Card

dparks10
Explorer C

What number did you call? I just ran into this problem last night. 

Jareenharris31
Explorer C

It looks like this has been an issue for at least the past 2 years... at least. It’s completely misleading, a huge inconvenience, and results in the customer paying extra for flight fare because you have to wait 7-10 days for the card to come in the mail. If it is a technology issue you would think that chase, Southwest, or both companies would have taken steps to rectify this issue since it seems to be commonly experienced by customers. When you call customer service Southwest transfers to Chase and Chase says they can’t do anything about it. The customer is left to deal with the issue with absolutely no accommodation from Chase or Southwest. I like flying southwest because of their transparency but this is a huge oversight on their part and is completely unfair to customers.

$200 Statement Credit

Edwards21
Explorer C

Saw a lot of traffic on this but what is the verdict and when do you get the credit on your statement???   We used our new card to pay for the flight and don't see the credit...

Re: $200 Statement Credit

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Edwards21 wrote:

Saw a lot of traffic on this but what is the verdict and when do you get the credit on your statement???   We used our new card to pay for the flight and don't see the credit...

The credit will appear on your 1st statement, if you made an initial purchase before the account closes for the month.

ROBNISSEN
Explorer C

I have the same issue. No one knows the answer at Chase nor Southwest. Really is a bait'n'switch scam it seems. All I have really accomplished is that I have a card coming I don't need, and a $69 fee that I would never have agreed to if not for saving money on my tickets; which it appears I will not!  This is frustrating, making me angry. Wasting time to get screwed in the end. Rather than save money, they hit me for $69. Chase said that they have no such promise to credit any account for $200 as a part of their program. So, it's Southwest who provides the Credit, if at all for making your ticket purchase with the new card. BUT, you miss out on the better fare price waiting for your useless card to arrive who-knows-when. The person at Customer Service transferred me to Chase Customer Service.  It's a loop.  Since there are others with this unanswered question, apparently Southwest has no answer or it's working perfectly not fixing it.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The offer is defintely from Chase.

chase offer.png

Here's the link to the Chase website when you click on "Learn More": https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/iccigprice200Plus

You can still close the account, and not pay the $69 annual fee, as long as you don't use the card. (Your credit report may take a hit for the inquiry.)

Judybarre
Explorer C

It is definitely a bait n switch.  I couldn't even connect to apply.  SWA tells you to call Chase.  Chase tells you to call SWA.  I think we should report this to BBB.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Judybarre wrote:

It is definitely a bait n switch.  I couldn't even connect to apply.  SWA tells you to call Chase.  Chase tells you to call SWA.  I think we should report this to BBB.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. The credit card is issued (or not issued if that decision is made) by CHASE not Southwest. Southwest does not issue credit cards, and has nothing to do with the issunce f credi cards.

There's no bait and swiitch here, although Chase may be guilty of a fair amount of incompetence.

smithk41
Explorer C

Same thing happened to me today....got approved, click on link to pay for trip and it took me back to select a flight, so when I clicked on pay with SW/Chase card-no number!

Anyone get resolution on this?  I certainly don't need another card.  Thanks!

smithk41
Explorer C

Same thing happened to me today....got approved, click on link to pay for trip and it took me back to select a flight, so when I clicked on pay with SW/Chase card-no number!

Anyone get resolution on this?  I certainly don't need another card.  Thanks!