Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using spouse's points for RR and vice versa

martinitosnl
Explorer C

My wife recently qualified for rapid rewards with the new bonus. I have alot of points on my personal acct as well. In the future, does she have to use her own points (now she has very low points) and then add me to her booking as a companion? Can she use my points to book her flight since I have so many and then add me as companion?

Otherwise what do I do with all my points? I noticed they recently also removed 'redeem for more rewards' where I could use my excess points for southwest gift cards or other store/restaurant gift cards

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Using spouse's points for RR and vice versa

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

You can use your points to buy her flights, then she can add you as a companion.

Log into your account and purchase the flight with her as the passenger. Then log out and log into her account. She will then be able to add a companion to the reservation. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the reservation to appear in the traveler's account so give it a little time when switching accounts.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Just wanted to add when you book your wife using your points make sure to put in all of her info since it will be prefilled with your information when your logged in so change the birthday, gender, full name, and RR number but as mentioned above you can use your points to book your wife's ticket or anyone you want. 

martinitosnl
Explorer C

thank you both

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@martinitosnl wrote:

Otherwise what do I do with all my points? I noticed they recently also removed 'redeem for more rewards' where I could use my excess points for southwest gift cards or other store/restaurant gift cards

FYI: More Rewards is currently limited to only customers who have a Chase Rapid Rewards Visa card. If you have one, be sure to log in to your RR account on the Southwest website before navigating to More Rewards.