Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Voucher issue

Randoon3
Explorer C

I traveled back in 2021 and Soutwest lost my luggage then found it and gave me a 200.00 voucher. Later in the year I needed to travel and I  called them and they said my voucher was used. I never used it and they did replaced it and called again to use the voucher and they said it was used. The first one was given to me in person and the second one was emailed to me. I called today and they said sorry can't help you. This is an inside job and they blamed my email that someone hacked into my acct. Well what happened to the first one they gave to me in person. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Voucher issue

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Since this is a customer to customer forum contacting Southwest as you have is the only option that has a chance of resolving anything. I'd suggest writing them instead of calling. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Voucher issue

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Do you still have the 100 dollar paper one?

Randoon3
Explorer C

Yes they said that one was at zero also. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Sounds weird that the vouchers were used, especially the paper one because it wouldn't leave a digital trail.

--Jessica

Frank7433
Explorer C

@Randoon3 wrote:

I traveled back in 2021 and Soutwest lost my luggage then found it and gave me a 200.00 voucher. Later in the year I needed to travel and I  called them and they said my voucher was used. I never used it and they did replaced it and called again to use the voucher and they said it was used. The first one was given to me in person and the second one was emailed to me. I called today and they said sorry can't help you. This is an inside job and they blamed my email that someone hacked into my acct. Well what happened to the first one they gave to me in person. 

I'd suggest writing them instead of calling. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

bec102896
Aviator A

I’ve gotten about 15-20 vouchers in the last 6 months from delays and cancellations and none of mine were just magically used other than the ones I actually used on myself or a family member. Is it possible that the voucher expired or that you used it and forgot that you used it? 

Randoon3
Explorer C

Nope they were 6 months old. I thought it was weird too. Had to be an internal job. They blamed my email but first one was given to me in paper form. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Vouchers expire after 6 months and Southwest isn't going to reissue or extend an expired voucher. They would have had a $0 balance which may have caused an agent to say they were used. Instead of something nefarious happening, perhaps they just expired.

--TheMiddleSeat

Randoon3
Explorer C

Mine said a year issue expired 1/10/2023. So that doesn't work. Again without using these what other reason would they be used. They said someone with my name went from Atlanta to Charlotte. Never flown into Charlotte in my life.