Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WOW!!!!!! New (Chase) Southwest Cardholders Can Score a Free Companion Pass for a Limited Time

dfwskier
Aviator A

This is  the best deal that I've ever seen.

"

How to get a free companion pass and 30,000 bonus points

Now through March 14, 2022, new cardmembers can take advantage of a unique offer.

After signing up for a Southwest Rapid Rewards consumer credit card and meeting the minimum spend requirements, you can earn:

This offer has some eligibility restrictions:

• You must not be a current Southwest Rapid Rewards cardmember
  • You must not have received a new cardmember bonus for any Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card within the last 24 months

These Southwest credit cards qualify for the bonus offer

Here are the cards eligible for the offer:

You'll need to sign up as a new cardmember and meet the $5,000 minimum spend within the first three months of card opening to qualify for this bonus."

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/c92dbef4-2a9a-3011-948b-f700114ab3a4/new-southwest-cardholders-can.html

3 REPLIES 3

Re: WOW!!!!!! New (Chase) Southwest Cardholders Can Score a Free Companion Pass for a Limited Time

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I find it interesting they continue to depart from the traditional time length and expiration date of companion passes, meaning they usually are good for a full calendar year and expire Dec 31.  Other than that, this looks like a great deal!

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: WOW!!!!!! New (Chase) Southwest Cardholders Can Score a Free Companion Pass for a Limited Time

dfwskier
Aviator A

My guess is this is aimed at those people that qualified for the special 2 month CP deal that expires this month.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The ongoing relatively low load factors allow Southwest to offer a perk which doesn't actually cost them much, while receiving ancillary income from Chase.