Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Wanna Get Away Day Sweepstakes to celebrate Southwest's 50th! Win prizes from June 1 - June 18

maryh1959
Adventurer C

Wooh I got 100 points today

Re: Wanna Get Away Day Sweepstakes to celebrate Southwest's 50th! Win prizes from June 1 - June 18

maryh1959
Adventurer C

got another 50 points today

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@maryh1959 wtheck, I've entered myself, wife, son, and daughter-in-law every day and nothing.  What time are you getting up to enter?  

I didn't read Blake's post closely, and just now today saw the "over 18," and was doing my grandkids every day as well, all under 18.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has done anyone under 18 and if won points.  

maryh1959
Adventurer C

I vary daily I just try every day at different times

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

As far as i can tell, Southwest owes me a bunch of hair dryers, toy airplanes, and Groucho Marx masks. When can I expect these to ship?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'm no longer getting the emails, so I've stopped entering. Most of the prizes aren't really worth the trouble anyway. I will go back though and enter on June 18 when the prize pool is much larger.

I do have to wonder about whoever put this promotion together. Waiting for luggage is one of the least fun aspects of flying, so crafting a promo around it is pretty perplexing, IMHO. And making people enter all their info every day, and then click on three different items just to find out they've lost doesn't exactly engender positive feelings about Southwest. Plus some of those "prizes" are pretty silly, to the point of being insulting. 50 points, worth $0.60? That should be the default you win just for entering. smh

jksobonya
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

I'm no longer getting the emails, so I've stopped entering. Most of the prizes aren't really worth the trouble anyway. I will go back though and enter on June 18 when the prize pool is much larger.

I do have to wonder about whoever put this promotion together. Waiting for luggage is one of the least fun aspects of flying, so crafting a promo around it is pretty perplexing, IMHO. And making people enter all their info every day, and then click on three different items just to find out they've lost doesn't exactly engender positive feelings about Southwest. Plus some of those "prizes" are pretty silly, to the point of being insulting. 50 points, worth $0.60? That should be the default you win just for entering. smh

I get my e-mails every day. And lol at clicking 3 times "just to find out they've lost..." Oh what a chore! Not everyone loses though 😉 It's just a game, lighten up!! If you refuse to play and then don't win as a result, you have no one to blame but yourself. 

I'm happy with my 50 points, and if that's all I win, that's fine, but I'm optimistic. 😉 Several others have already won more!

--Jessica

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

@chgoflyer wrote:

I get my e-mails every day. And lol at clicking 3 times "just to find out they've lost..." Oh what a chore! Not everyone loses though 😉 It's just a game, lighten up!! If you refuse to play and then don't win as a result, you have no one to blame but yourself. 

I'm happy with my 50 points, and if that's all I win, that's fine, but I'm optimistic. 😉 Several others have already won more!

--Jessica

I tried again today, and the email showed up immediately. (I still haven't received any for the last few days.)

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Don't forget the sandals.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@bwallet wrote:

As far as i can tell, Southwest owes me a bunch of hair dryers, toy airplanes, and Groucho Marx masks. When can I expect these to ship?

Ha! I could use a new hair dryer, actually 😉 

--Jessica