Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Wanna Get Away Day Sweepstakes to celebrate Southwest's 50th! Win prizes from June 1 - June 18

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Maybe for the 100th anniversary they can choose a better sweepstakes promotion partner. 😉

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 12.15.38 PM.png

Re: Wanna Get Away Day Sweepstakes to celebrate Southwest's 50th! Win prizes from June 1 - June 18

jksobonya
Aviator A

At least the site isn't crashing, lol

The 18th was always going to be the busiest day due to the bigger rewards being given out!

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

Maybe for the 100th anniversary they can choose a better sweepstakes promotion partner. 😉

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 12.15.38 PM.png

Now that is tragically funny -- given the myriad of computer problems the airline has had this week.

bec102896
Aviator A

It worked like normal for me and opened the suitcases like normal. The only weird thing was the email saying congratulations test recipient instead of my name 😂

jksobonya
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

It worked like normal for me and opened the suitcases like normal. The only weird thing was the email saying congratulations test recipient instead of my name 😂

That's funny!

At first I didn't think I would get an e-mail, but I did get one hours later.

--Jessica

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Late to the game (posting) and won 1000 points. Wahoo!!!! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

bec102896
Aviator A

Check your emails as you might be a winner of a 2nd chance redraw. Here is the email I got today: 

Capture+_2021-08-02-16-21-08.png

jksobonya
Aviator A

Jealous! I wonder how prizes went "unclaimed" - you didn't have to claim points prizes, so it's a little confusing how they are giving more points away now. Maybe the prices given away specifically on June 18, like the large point prizes, had to be claimed? That would be a shame if the bigger prizes were never claimed by anyone!

--Jessica