Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What time do points post to RR account

irt9206
Explorer C

So the new schedule releases on March 12th. My billing cycle ends the 11th and the points should post on the 12th. I'm just hoping they post before the flights are released. Does anyone know what time of the day they would be in my RR account. Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: What time do points post to RR account

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

this is interesting to me too as a n00b.

I would imagine midnight, but have ZERO experience.

@irt9206 if you don't get an answer before they post, would love if you could let us know what happens!

irt9206
Explorer C

I will. Asked in another message board too. 

SWDigits
Aviator A

I've never checked the time my points post but when I check my RR account history it looks like mine have typically posted the day after the credit card statement close.  I have seen reports from others here in the forums of it taking longer (particularly around year-end) and, if I remember correctly, the Chase terms & conditions provide much more timing flexibility.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

I would not worry about it. Lots of people are not travelling and a bunch more are canceling 

flights -- courtesy coronavirus.  

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I think it really depends on the bank, in this case likely Chase. They usually post in the early morning hours, but with the latest COVID-19, some schedules have been a bit off (aside from the flights, we hope!). Looking forward to hearing what happens, and best of luck booking those flights!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Visitor200
Explorer B

There are two (2) important dates on my Chase Southwest card:

The Payment Due Date

and

The Statement Date (which comes a few days after the Payment Due Date)

The Payment Due date allows me to make certain that I have enough charges posted to the card on or before the due date.  My due date is on the 8th of the month)

Then I wait for the Statement to close, which is on the 11th of the month (3 days after the payment due date).

When the Chase Statement posted on the 11th (actually today), I saw that all of my points/miles were posted on the same statement.  Then I came over to the Southwest site and saw that Chase had sent the point/miles the same day (today).  If you're new to Southwest and Chase, then the first time may take 2 days after the statement.

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

My points usually post a day or 2 after the closing date. Not this month though. My closing date was April 9th. Still waiting. Also the promotional 25% bonus points that ended in Feb. Still have not posted.

Visitor200
Explorer B

When you say your statement closed on the 9th and you have not received your points, has your statement actually posted to your account (which usually happens a few days after the closing date)?  If your April statement is available to see, then look for the points that were included in the statement.