Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When to expect California Companion Pass

tooshay
Explorer C

So I signed up for the amazing california companion pass promotion with one purchase and just made my purchase yesterday (10/29). I saw that it could take up to 8 weeks to receive. Is there anything known on when this actually occurs? Is there a chance that I get the CP earlier like maybe when my statement posts?

The reason I am asking is because I am planning a trip with the girlfriend this christmas (exactly 8 weeks away). I would like to secure her flight with the companion pass but am worried that there may be no seats available if I don't get the CP for 8 weeks. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10

Re: When to expect California Companion Pass

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Consider booking with points as a backup plan. Then if you need to cancel the points can be returned to your account when you book CP.

That said, the flight could be full at that time, but there is often some last-minute movement on availability so if you do find yourself in a situation with no seats available, keep checking back, even within the day prior to the flight.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

tooshay
Explorer C

Sorry new to being a southwest rewards member. Can I book my own ticket with cash, and hers with points? And then when I get companion pass I cancel the ticket I bought with points and add her as companion?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Yes, although your own ticket can be cash or points.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ShelbyChamberla
Explorer C

Hello, I am wondering the same thing. Tooshay- Have your recvd you CP yet?

MillValleyMom
Explorer C

Same question. Anyone have an update?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @tooshay,

It can take up to 8 weeks after making a first purchase for the Companion Pass status to be awarded on the new cardmember’s Rapid Rewards account. This includes time for their billing cycle to close and for us to receive confirmation from Chase that the first purchase has been made. Also please allow up to 15 business days after the Companion Pass status has been updated to receive notification to designate your Companion.

Helzz
Explorer C

I have received my first statement and my bonus points but my pass has not yet been issued 😞 

Hoping they won't drag their feet too long.

maviles23
Explorer C

Hi! If we sign up for the card before 11/30 (the deadline), but did a purchase after 11/30, are we still eligible?

jorriandjoel
Explorer C

I'm wondering the same thing. I got approved for my Visa card November 25th but I didn't receive it in time to make a purchase before the 30th. Will I still get my Companion Pass?