Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why Drink Coupons?

AdeLo
Explorer C

I've been a loyal card SW RR Visa card member for over 10 years. I'm grateful for the perks associated with having a SW RR Visa, however every year I get my drink coupons and every year they go without use. I don't drink alcohol and have often wondered why this is the only incentive provided. Why not offer free WiFi coupon codes instead, especially for people like me who don't drink and won't use the drink coupons? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why Drink Coupons?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

This is often suggested. Perhaps one day it might be implemented, but it's unlikely. Charging for internet is a way of limiting it's use and saving bandwidth. Many people report issues with access now, as it is.

Rather than having them go unused, have you considered giving your drink coupons to other travelers?

AdeLo
Explorer C

I'll have to remember to do that next time. 

I guess my challenge to you guys is... How might you provide a  "token of appreciation" for people who don't drink?  At the end of the day, it's not a requirement to give us anything.  But I just wonder if any thought had been given to those of us who LOVE SWA but who are less than excited when we get those drink coupons. 

Thanks for your response!

denno
Adventurer B

I like your "free wi-fi coupon" idea for those of us who would not use a drink coupon.  Hopefully, some SWA decision-maker is watching this.

Denno

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @denno,

We're watching, and we love to hear what Customers in the Community are saying. We don't have plans to offer an alternative to Drink Coupon Books at this time, but it is a frequently made request, so we are happy to take it into consideration. 

Raquellez
Explorer C

I also rarely use my drink coupons because I'm traveling for work and can be "under the inluence" or it is too early to drink. I have often wondered about WIFI though I understand your response. How about a special snack or flavored water?