Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Will SWA consider changing RR goals for status due to CORVID?

tina2112
Explorer C

I have been A List Preferred for the last 3 years, and have had the Companion Pass. A lot of my travel is in the spring, but now, my company has shut down all company travel indefinitely, and I'm concerned about not meeting the needed point requirements to keep my status into 2021. Plus, the point requirements actually increased for the Companion Pass this year. Will SWA consider making adjustments to these requirements in light of the current situation? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Will SWA consider changing RR goals for status due to CORVID?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I cannot speak for SW, but I share you concerns. I've had to cancel two trips so far, so I get it!

My personal opinion: I think that all airlines will have to consider something along these lines, but I think it is too early for them to do so.  Until we know the extent of the virus, how long it will impact travel, etc, it is hard to determine how much assistance/reprieve, if any, will be appropriate.

Again, my thoughts here.  If you would like to share your thoughts directly with SW, please use the contact us link below!

Good luck, and stay well!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

JLuv
Explorer C

I share the same concern. Having been a companion pass, A-List Preferred member for many years, it is looking like it will be tough this year. I had 15 trips booked (RT) between March and May 17th. So far, most of those cancelled.

I would hate to loose my A-List preferred status (and companion pass), even if I have spent the money with Southwest in 2020, and hold many $1k's in travel funds which I plan to book flights as soon as I can (weddings, work trips, etc. are rescheduled).

Glad I am not the only one concerned and asking. Stay safe all, and share the LUV!

haveaheart
Explorer A

southwest airlines has proven themselves to be inflexible and unaccomdating during this difficult time. They do not care about their customers, so don't expect anything from them. They are greedy money hungry selfish monkeys who will just recite company policy to you like a robot monkey with no heart. They are not able to use their brain and actually comprehend what a pandemic means. I don't know if they just need someone to sit down with them to explain it slowly, or if they are purposely playing stupid. Only time will tell if they smarten up. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@haveaheart wrote:

southwest airlines has proven themselves to be inflexible and unaccomdating during this difficult time. They do not care about their customers, so don't expect anything from them. They are greedy money hungry selfish monkeys who will just recite company policy to you like a robot monkey with no heart. They are not able to use their brain and actually comprehend what a pandemic means. I don't know if they just need someone to sit down with them to explain it slowly, or if they are purposely playing stupid. Only time will tell if they smarten up. 

Customer service reps may sound like robots to you because of the situation they're in. Repeating policy to customers all day, unfortunately not empowered by management to do anything else at the moment. Certainly any anger directed at them is misplaced and uncalled for. As is contacting customer service channels repeatedly. This situation just hit the fan *last week.* Companies are still figuring things out, so it's pretty much pointless expecting constant complaining to be productive. Management will eventually make policy decisions one way or another, and things will be announced. Hopefully, customer-positive accommodations will be made. But I suspect whether or not that will happen will have alot to do with how financially stable air carriers are by the time things start to settle down. And that's a giant unknown. For what it's worth, I suggest you add your voice to the chorus of customer complaints via written letter sent by snail mail so that it's documented. And then move on. The next month or two is going to be challenging for everyone.

tl;dr

Calm down. Be patient. Send a letter. Skip the personal attacks. Wash your hands.