Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Working towards Companion Pass, Need help with promotion understanding

asantiago213
Explorer C

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed. I am very close to earning my CP for 2021 and I have been mapping out my spending to get the most points out of each purchase. I have a couple different promotions on my account (not sure if they were targeted or applicable to all RR members) but the valid promotional period on these promotions extend through 2021?

For example, the 30% bonus promo offers me 30% more points after I spend 6k on my  Rapid Rewards Credit Card on purchases from 10/1/2020 - 01/31/21? Essentially, is this promo no good for this current year's CP earnings? I was trying to make sure I reached the minimum spend to be eligible but now that I'm reading it again, I'm not sure any of this effort matters!  

If anyone can help, It would be greatly appreciated! 

SWPromo.JPG

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Working towards Companion Pass, Need help with promotion understanding

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Most promos post the bonus points 6-8 weeks following the end of the promo period. If the terms and conditions of the one you're inquiring about says something similar, then this won't be of any help for this year's CP earning.

FYI: Here's a great overall reference:

2020 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2021 Status

Need2Fly
Explorer C

Have your 30% bonus points posted yet for the 10/1/2020 - 01/31/21 period?  I received the same targeted offer and made quite a few purchase.  I'm still waiting on the bonus point and I'm just curious if other have received them yet.  

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

I just received the 30% action based bonus 3/3/21 if this helps.

Vetter
Explorer C

Hello 

I'm curious if there is a way to know what "action based points" refers to.  

In other words, what was the action that happened for you to earn the points?

I have the same on my account and while I appreciate them, I don' t know what I do to earn them. 

Thanks!

Martha Vetter

dfwskier
Aviator A

you probably signed up for some   type of points bonus, once you did what the offer required you to do (the action) to earn points, the points were added to your account.